Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

So...

91% RT Score

7.7 Average RT Rating

95% Audience Liked it (RT)

4.5/5 Average Audience Rating (RT)

8.6 IMDb average

A Cinemescore

= Absolutely nothing, zip, notta for second weekend legs for X-Men; I was 100% wrong :(

Oh well, I enjoyed the movie and will be watching it again.

• Like 1

So...

91% RT Score

7.7 Average RT Rating

8.6 IMDb average

A Cinemescore

= Absolutely nothing, zip, notta for second weekend legs for X-Men; I was 100% wrong :(

I guess it doesn't matter for an X-Men movie.  :(

In a perfect world, movies like The Raid and Snowpiercer would be the big hits of the summer (imo).

In a perfect World Snowpiercer scores an insane PTA that forces a wide release and the film threatens to top $100.

This in turn leads to Bong Joon Ho being given some big budget and non-Weinstein interfered project to work on that makes hundreds of millions worldwide :) (Maybe even let him lplay in the Marvel universe one day, that would be fun)

Sadly in the real world, it goes unnoticed, makes half of even what Belle or Chef end up making and makes Return to Oz look like blockbuster hit numbers. Bong then never gets to make an english language film again.,

• Like 4

Horrendous number for X-Men. It makes my eyes bleed.

Godzilla will now miss 200M. What the fuck.

Hilarious number for AMWTDW.

Angelina Jolie is Money.

• Like 2

I'm liking this utterly mediocre summer so far. Something needs to jolt Hollywood.

Don't worry, I'm sure Transformers: Age of Extinction will make 1B worldwide and everything will be OK again.

I'm liking this utterly mediocre summer so far. Something needs to jolt Hollywood.

It's not like the utterly mediocre (or disastrous) year of 2011 made any difference, so why would this summer?
  • Like 2

But damn, those X-Men and Zilla numbers...

DOFP was the best received X-Men film in 11 years (plus being legitimately good and all) and it's going to drop as much as fucking Last Stand.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 1

So...

91% RT Score

7.7 Average RT Rating

8.6 IMDb average

A Cinemescore

I don't even wanna know how such a great movie can't have WOM to save it's life. Ugh, I really did think this one would buck the trend of the franchise. At least we can still hope for good drops from here on out...

• Like 1

1 down, 4 to go then. Why has Hollywood left all the risks to TV?

I think if some property that was seen as like, super untouchable like star wars or avengers disappointed that could see a shake-up.

Or we'll just get the grittier, younger reboot.

• Like 1

1 down, 4 to go then. Why has Hollywood left all the risks to TV?

Because making only a few watered down tentpoles per year is actually safer financially than making a bunch of smaller films. They are just number crunchers. The tentpole strategy works, even with the big bombs. That's why they stick to it.

Edited by Magic
  • Like 2

But damn, those X-Men and Zilla numbers...DOFP was the best received X-Men film in 11 years (plus being legitimately good and all) and it's going to drop as much as fucking Last Stand.

I don't even wanna know how such a great movie can't have WOM to save it's life. Ugh, I really did think this one would buck the trend of the franchise. At least we can still hope for good drops from here on out...

The first X-Men, in 2000, couldn't manage a 3x multi. It hasn't just recently become a frontloaded franchise, it's been that way literally since day one.
  • Like 3