AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

No haven't been to AFI - only Cannes. I wonder how different it will be!

Might consider going this year - imagine if both Revenant and Joy screen back to back like Selma and Sniper like last year!! I would go nuts!

No joke! I'm very curious about By The Sea and The Big Short to a lesser extent. Concussion will surely play too.

CP7wAiMVEAE82hh.jpg

Edited by A D3 Rebel
  • Like 1

I know the person tweeting about this. He didn't see the screening of JOY, a friend did. That person isn't necessarily an awards aficionado or a tastemaker.

Every single Twitter reaction is hype based on one screening reaction, so let's not get too excited.

What we can take from this is that there could be an actor campaigned in all four categories again and if DOR and his actors campaign like they did last time it is possible to see 4 acting nods for this.

And "Edgar Ramirez is happening" means he can foresee this kick starting his career, not that he'll be Oscar Winner Edgar Ramirez.

So... Edgar Ramirez will be an "overnight sucess" at 38 with a decade of work behind him including Carlos from 5 years ago which was critically his break out role.

A miniseries and a DOR film that will make >$100 mil domestic are two completely different things. I'm not going to say he'll be a household name but there is no reason to believe it won't elevate him from C-list to B-list.