Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

65 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Just nitpicking, but I think these two could have been tightened up a bit in the script.

Russian agents murdered the Secretary of State. You don't think the US would have in an uproar over his death? Just seems that was swept under the rug like it never happened.Once the Soviet nuke was launched, US warning systems should have gone off and retaliatory countermeasures would have gone into place. It just seems like the US would have acted even when the missile was stopped since it was in such close proximity to it’s target.

Edited by Jim Shorts

You're right, there are a couple other plot holes that I thought of after the fact, but doesn't deter from the enjoyment I had watching the movie.My favorite scene:

After Ethan, Brandt and Jane are all catching their breath after almost falling out of the window, Benji comes back into the room with a look of relief like he barely got away with changing the room numbers. It was a perfect end to all the tension leading up to the scene.

:P

Edited by Jim Shorts
  • Like 1

Just nitpicking, but I think these two could have been tightened up a bit in the script.

Russian agents murdered the Secretary of State. You don't think the US would have in an uproar over his death? Just seems that was swept under the rug like it never happened.Once the Soviet nuke was launched, US warning systems should have gone off and retaliatory countermeasures would have gone into place. It just seems like the US would have acted even when the missile was stopped since it was in such close proximity to it’s target.

Here's something to help out with your quibbles:

<P>They weren't Russian agents but Hendricks' men. Furthermore, even if it wasset up to look like a Russian hitjob it'd be seen as simple retaliation for theKremlin bombing which all evidence pointed to IMF as the cause. It'd get coveredup in the media as a car accident while the governments would stare one anotherdown over the back-and-forth. Of course, none of this is shown in the film sinceEthan's team is all on the run.</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>As for the nuke launch, remember that the missile was launched from theCentral Pacific and targeted San Francisco. Flight time for an advanced SL-ICBMat that range would be 5 minutes tops, which would mean that US StrategicCommand would still just be organizing its silo's, bombers, subs, etc while thePresident would be on the horn to the Russian leader to find out what the hellis going on, etc. The problem with Hendricks' plan is that it assumes peoplewill assume the missile is Russian, but since it's a sub missile there's no wayfor anyone to know who the launcher is. Hendricks' plan would have been betterif he had launched the missile from a Russian silo since that would 100%implicate Russia.</P>

• Like 1

You're right, there are a couple other plot holes that I thought of after the fact, but doesn't deter from the enjoyment I had watching the movie.My favorite scene:

After Ethan, Brandt and Jane are all catching their breath after almost falling out of the window, Benji comes back into the room with a look of relief like he barely got away with changing the room numbers. It was a perfect end to all the tension leading up to the scene.

:P

Oh yeah, that was gold. Audience was dying at that one. Pegg was great in this- remember his face on the monitor screen when they were doing that stealth hallway mission? :lol:I loved the whole thing, I can't wait to get it on Blu-Ray.It's funny they decided to go so stupid-cartoonish with this one though. I haven't seen 2 and 3 but I remember the first, even though it had some ridiculous stunts, still had a basically intelligent and coherent plot. It doesn't bother me but it's strange how they changed directions like that. Whereas say the Bourne series played it straight for the entire trilogy.
  • Like 1

I was really surprised at how good this movie was after how awful the third one was. And holy shit... the chick in this movie is reminded me of Halle Berry but even hotter. This movie might have revived Tom Cruise as an A-lister.

Edited by Shpongle

Eh, we have political leaders murdered all of the time, it's just the Government keeps raps on it. As for your second complaint, to this day, I still wonder where were our fighter jets and counter measures that were supposed to be in place when September 11th happened. NYC, Ok, I can give you that, but they should have had missiles ready to fire anything that was within the Pentagon's no authorized flight zone. They claim to have those measure in place, but perhaps it's all talk, but not a reality?

Oh yeah, that was gold. Audience was dying at that one. Pegg was great in this- remember his face on the monitor screen when they were doing that stealth hallway mission? :lol:I loved the whole thing, I can't wait to get it on Blu-Ray.It's funny they decided to go so stupid-cartoonish with this one though. I haven't seen 2 and 3 but I remember the first, even though it had some ridiculous stunts, still had a basically intelligent and coherent plot. It doesn't bother me but it's strange how they changed directions like that. Whereas say the Bourne series played it straight for the entire trilogy.

I think this is why I like this movie so much. The comedy was fun!
  • Like 1

Wish I liked this as much as others did, but I didn't. It is entertaining enough but other than the locations, it was pretty generic. I could go on for a bit about all the things I wasn't crazy about, but I am on my phone and don't have time :PB-/C+

• Like 1

Eh, we have political leaders murdered all of the time, it's just the Government keeps raps on it. As for your second complaint, to this day, I still wonder where were our fighter jets and counter measures that were supposed to be in place when September 11th happened. NYC, Ok, I can give you that, but they should have had missiles ready to fire anything that was within the Pentagon's no authorized flight zone. They claim to have those measure in place, but perhaps it's all talk, but not a reality?

Let's not go down that rabbit hole.... ;)