Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

So when Dragon does 550-650 ww are people still going to call it a flop. Jesus you guys it's not like Mars Needs Moms was released again.

When a movie opens with less than peoples expectations, they lose their shit. Overhyping can do that.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

If you sit on a time machine, travel back to last year or somepoint in the early stage of this year and predict Dragons 2 to struggle for 50m OW, you would be laughed to death.

Shawn's HTTYD2 below 70m club last week,

21 Out, 19 In :P

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/15150-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-under-70-million-ow-club-but-i-really-hope-this-doesnt-happen/?p=1479189

• Like 1

It's a flop to those that wanted a billion WW.

And that line of thinking is completely wrong. People really need to manage they're expectations.And I fully admit I got caught up in the Dragon hype, so it won't be the top film this summer, oh well.
  • Like 3

So when Dragon does 550-650 ww are people still going to call it a flop. Jesus you guys it's not like Mars Needs Moms was released again.

Agree completely. And this one also has a lower budget than the first one.
  • Like 3

And that line of thinking is completely wrong. People really need to manage they're expectations.And I fully admit I got caught up in the Dragon hype, so it won't be the top film this summer, oh well.

For the record, I NEVER thought Dragon would be hitting a billion. :ph34r:

• Like 2

How to train your expectations

• Like 3

Agree completely. And this one also has a lower budget than the first one.

But this movie had WAY more hype going for it before the release... at least it looked that way. Looks like people didn't care. :ph34r:

• Like 1