Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

If you look at HTTYD as a $170m+ movie that got a major halo effect bump from Avatar, combined with a 4 year wait, HTTYD2's OW makes more sense.

That sounds more like Alice in Wonderland. Whose sequel I wouldn't be surprised to see make twice less money domestically.

I think they simply waited too long with the sequel. That being said, flop talk this early on is just ridiculous. I still think legs will be very good.

Yes but the disappointing OD, & the even more disappointing Saturday number point to the fact that GA doesn't care for this property.

Next weekend is a sober comedy sequel. Maybe HTTYD2 will have a surprising 2nd weekend drop. Week days number should also show whether this movie have legs at all

Posted Image

Wow, TFIOS actually decreased on Saturday and it ranks fifth for the day, behind Maleficent and EoT... HtTYD2 also dropped. I think those were the most unexpected twists to the Saturday numbers. 22 Jump Street might have fallen slightly more than expected as well, but Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow had impressive increases.

Wow, TFIOS actually decreased on Saturday and it ranks fifth for the day, behind Maleficent and EoT... HtTYD2 also dropped. I think those were the most unexpected twists to the Saturday numbers. 22 Jump Street might have fallen slightly more than expected as well, but Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow had impressive increases.

Fault dropping on Saturday is not that surprising. Magic Mike (another film whose audience is mostly female) dropped on its second Saturday as well.