Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Go see the little movies! Seek out LOCKE, and UNDER THE SKIN, and CHEF, and any others that are playing at your local art house.

I had an opportunity to see Locke on Thursday, only day it ever showed at my local, but my other half over ruled me in favour of 22 Jump St.

Why are people disappointed in Dragons? It seems to be doing reasonably fine. 

$80m+ expectations. Lot of people were in that club.

I didn't think it would open to less than 70..

The only thing that will make it sweet if TF4 also disappoints. Another sub 90 OW would be great.

But I doubt it.

If TF4 ends up anywhere in the 95-98M range for OW, it will get Puerto Ricod to over 100M.

Go see the little movies! Seek out LOCKE, and UNDER THE SKIN, and CHEF, and any others that are playing at your local art house.

I think I'm going to take a few weeks off of hitting the theaters. I saw a bunch of films at SIFF and this weekend has crushed my enthusiasm.

But I do have a bunch of books to get through. Leviathan Wakes is up once I finish the current one.

• Like 1

Well, I either hope for a 200% increase on Saturday or decent word of mouth. Hope the later one is happening.

Good thing is that no matter how this movie performs at the box office, we still should get a third part to finish it.

I think I'm going to take a few weeks off of hitting the theaters. I saw a bunch of films at SIFF and this weekend has crushed my enthusiasm. But I do have a bunch of books to get through. Leviathan Wakes is up once I finish the current one.

I approve of that as well. :)

The highest I see Dragon 2 getting to is $55 million. That's not bad but not great either. It'll still make it past the original's gross.

On the other hand, 22JS has a range of $55-62ish million. That's freaking great.

• Like 1

Well, I either hope for a 200% increase on Saturday or decent word of mouth. Hope the later one is happening.

Good thing is that no matter how this movie performs at the box office, we still should get a third part to finish it.

Posted Image

• Like 1

2005-6 and 2010-11 were bad summers, but 2010 had TS3 and Inception and 2005 had Begins. This summer, it's still too early to call where it ranks among those years in quality but I'm sure it's there for numbers.

Dump him/her immediately! :ph34r:(22 JUMP is probably the safer date movie.) :lol:

I failed in trying to convince her to go to 22 the night before as it would certainly have been a sell out, but she wanted to go in the afternoon, slap bang in the middle of the only 2 screenings of Locke that we had. I'll make up for it somehow ;)