CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

There is still a small chance that DoFP ends up as the biggest film of the summer, say if TF4 opens to 92m and has a 2.5x multiplier. That would give it 230m. DoFP could go over that.

Posted Image

Y. E. S.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

Still think we oughta wait before declaring it dead.

If it does recover over the weekend, like this franchise has been able to do, then all of these predictions and stuff would be moot.

While we don't know how it will hold up over the holiday coming up(that can only help it), we actually have a lot of very recent and very similar comps regarding the opening weekend.

If LEGO outgrossed every movie this year until MOCKINGJAY or INTERSTELLAR I'd be totally fine with that.Having said that, if APES or GUARDIANS broke out big time (as I feel something has to at this point) I wouldn't object at all.

Cap is overtaking Lego in any case. And I'd be fine with that too.

• Like 1

It was funny when he did it in the green lantern thread because it was kinda obvious it was gonna collapse.

That entire Green Lantern thread was hilarious. Remember that one guy who would write essays about the timeless quality of Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively's romance based on one shot in the trailer? :rofl:

• Like 5

With this number, I will not be surprised if TF4 opens less than $80 million.

No. It's not a great number, but this is a franchise where walk-ups have been fantastic, so it's not THAT relevant a number.

• Like 1