BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

THG and CF are to cinema what Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are to music. Forgettable Canada Dry stuff for youngsters.

Posted Image

Dont be an old grump, dash. Edited by Jack Nevada hates movies

THG and CF are to cinema what Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are to music. Forgettable Canada Dry stuff for youngsters.

Posted Image

I think they have a little more depth and substance than Katy and Taylor. 

At least no one (rightfully) takes Katy seriously as an artist. Taylor on the other hand has somehow managed to convince people that she's a true country artist and won Album of the Year at the Grammys. 

• Like 1

I agree with this. The marketing's been so dull and bland.

If this is true, my Fox thread is even more accurate. Hopefully Apes can prevail despite this BS Fox is doing.

And people jumped on me for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

How is Ansel. I loved him in Divergent, and Agustus is a great character. 

He's terrific.  He embodies the character in the book.  I think he nailed it.  

• Like 2

Hancock is the definition of a movie that no one remembers despite grossing so much. Crappy movies often fall by the wayside as the years go by. I really was hyped to see that film, hell, I was on holiday in the US at the time, and saw it (didn't even remember this til now!) and it was pretty bad. It had so much more potential but alas, who remembers it even today?

I thought Hancock was quite enjoyable in the first two acts. The third act was kind of a mess though and I didn´t like Charlize Theron's character suddenly also having superpowers. I felt it just didn't fit in. Overall, Hancock is certainly not Will Smith's best movie, but still miles better than After Earth. I agree on it being kind of forgettable though.

• Like 3

I haven't read TFIOS yet, not one for romance. Perhaps I'll have to pick it up and take a peek at it.

It was the first romance i had ever read. Also the characters are great and it's really, really funny. So even if you aren't intrested in the romance of it I'm sure it well make you LOL a lot. 

• Like 3

I thought Hancock was quite enjoyable in the first two acts. The third act was kind of a mess though and I didn´t like Charlize Theron's character suddenly also having superpowers. I felt it just didn't fit in. Overall, Hancock is certainly not Will Smith's best movie, but still miles better than After Earth. I agree on it being kind of forgettable though.

I enjoyed Hancock when I saw it. but I was 9 at the time so... 

• Like 1

I agree with this. The marketing's been so dull and bland.

Yea...I'm still gonna see it opening day since I enjoyed the first one and the early reviews are excellent...but I'm really curious to see how this does OW. I could see this having a leggy run though. 

Fox also did a mediocre job Marketing DOFP. Wish they would get a different team

Edited by Moviefanatic
  • Like 2

I think they have a little more depth and substance than Katy and Taylor. At least no one (rightfully) takes Katy seriously as an artist. Taylor on the other hand has somehow managed to convince people that she's a true country artist and won Album of the Year at the Grammys. 

I'm still looking for what was so great about Catching Fire. It bored me out of my mind.

Hancock featured one of the most underrated superhero theme ever made.

• Like 3

Can TF4 hit a billion worldwide (inclusive of North America).It seems to be making a massive sums in NA and China.

'Massive sums' is a stretch for NA, but I never really doubted its chances at a billion. How's it doing elsewhere?

• Like 1

Agreed.Hancock started off solidly but took a weird and distasteful turn in the middle.After Earth (aka Will Smith nepotism gone wild) was just empty. Total waste of time.
  • Like 3

I think they have a little more depth and substance than Katy and Taylor. At least no one (rightfully) takes Katy seriously as an artist. Taylor on the other hand has somehow managed to convince people that she's a true country artist and won Album of the Year at the Grammys. 

I blame Kanye West.  If he hadn't been drunk and rude on that Award Show she wouldn't have got that enormous backwash of sympathy that's seemingly made her music and persona Teflon coated. :P

• Like 3

Is TFIOS really that good? I can't help thinking that it looks like a remake of Love Story (1970).

Love Story was a million years ago.  Why does it matter if it has similar themese?

And yes, it is that good a movie.  I've seen it three times, the only summer film that I have seen more than twice.

• Like 1

Posted Image

The Hunger Games was a stronger movie than Catching Fire though.

IMHO, Catching Fire is one of those movies that folks convinced themselves was great even before they watched it.

CF was a good movie but it wasn't great. At all.

• Like 1

I love the poster of Will Smith unshaven with a beanie. The concept had so much more potential though. It was R-rated wasn't it?

Seems like I am not able to post the poster. Oh well.

• Like 2

Hmmm...I have lots of "boys".  From that era, I'm not sure who you mean.

Just checked imdb....Michael Bay was second unit on it...lol...I had no idea!

HAIL BAY

• Like 2