#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Geez, Maleficent's legs are starting to get into the range reserved for the absolute best received films. If it keeps this up it could hit as high as 250. I honestly can't think of the last time such a bad movie has had such phenomenal legs though. Really tragic this is the one movie of the summer to get the awesome WOM.

• Like 4

Geez, Maleficent's legs are starting to get into the range reserved for the absolute best received films. If it keeps this up it could hit as high as 250. I honestly can't think of the last time such a bad movie has had such phenomenal legs though. Really tragic this is the one movie of the summer to get the awesome WOM.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Normally I never wish for any movies to do poorly but Maleficent's run is getting into absurd territory as the time goes by. It'd be more justified and satisfied if some better movies have that kind of leg (or even half of that long leg).  I don't get it's overly positive WOM, actually. Are women/kids that desperate to see 'something' that a so so movie become a gem in their eyes?

Edited by KATCH 22

Probably time to change Bryan Singer's name in your sig to Robert Stromberg or Angelina jolie? Lol. Edited by Dingdong123
  • Like 1

Remember these stories prior to the movie's release? 

Disney Left Worried Angelina Jolie’s New Movie Maleficent Will Flop Because It’s Too Scary?

Reports speculate that retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story will misfire at box office

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/145882/Disney-Left-Worried-Angelina-Jolies-New-Movie-Maleficent-Will-Flop-Because-Its-Too-Scary#Exb4ykPpeyGe8eST.99

Too scary.... :rofl:

Normally I never wish for any movies to do poorly but Maleficent's run is getting into absurd territory as the time goes by. It'd be more justified and satisfied if some better movies have that kind of leg (or even half of that long leg).  I don't get it's overly positive WOM, actually. Are women/kids that desperate to see 'something' that a so so movie become a gem in their eyes?

Or maybe what you consider a so, so movie, is a good movie to them....just like what i consinder the horrendous Transformers serie that a lot of people dig and that is to me trasher than trash and totally unwatchable.

Why would a sizable target be desperate to see a move they don't like or find so so ?  It doesn't make sense.

They do watch it because they like it.  Wether some think it's a so, so product doesn't enter the equation when it's about their personal taste.  It's that simple. 

Edited by Ent
  • Like 5

Or maybe what you consider a so, so movie, is a good movie to them.

Why would a sizable target be desperate to see a move they don't like ?  It doesn't make sense.

They do watch it because they like it wether some think it's so, so to them doesn't enter the equation when it's about their personal taste.  It's that simple. 

I refer to the reviews/movie goers ratings in general, not my personal preference. In my personal preference Godzilla and CAP2 are equally good but I'm not going to be bitter about how their BO runs don't reflect my taste.

It's obvious that films like DOFP, EOT and HTTYD have been better reviewed/rated by those who've seen them (maybe I've assumed thing based on only a few websites that I've been checking regularly?). I still think Mal's been doing so well because it's somehow become 'the movie to see' for it's target audience. People go to see a movie they're most likely to enjoy, not because they 'know' it's good.

If my favourite film was TASM2 and it's run was as leggy as Malficent's, I'd say the same thing - that it's outperformed some better films.

Edited by KATCH 22

AP is still a mediocre movie with an amazing fucking performance at the centre of it.

Since the whole movie is the performance I'd say that makes it a very enjoyable movie.

Just be glad they didn't stick rigidly to the novel, it'd be about 7 hours of all the same stuff.

• Like 1

Since the whole movie is the performance I'd say that makes it a very enjoyable movie.

Just be glad they didn't stick rigidly to the novel, it'd be about 7 hours of all the same stuff.

Sure it's enjoyable but it could've been so much more.

Honestly, TF4 falling 60%+ is expected but really amusing considering how low the competition is.

Why is it amusing that a movie with the suckiest score on RT with toxic WOM isn't doing so great? It's doing fine considering everyone and their pets know how 'hated' this movie is.

Sure it's enjoyable but it could've been so much more.

Like what? (Not a loaded question, genuinely intrigued.)

Like I said, the novel is about 400 pages of plotless diatribes which many thought was completely un-filmable. So for them to get any kind of cohesive story out of it sort of impressive. Bale aside, I thought the directing was sharp.

Just finished watching the last episode of Samurai Jack.

Really wish this show hadn't been cancelled.

It's a damn crime the movie's in development hell / likely cancelled.

Edited by Fancyarcher