CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

21 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

It's amazing how far this franchise has come. Will Purge be the next Saw or Paranormal Activity?

If they keep a low budget for sequels and focus on continuity ( Saw series really surprised me in that regard. Flashbacks were important for every movie ), then we might see Purge: Brexit soon. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If they keep a low budget for sequels and focus on continuity ( Saw series really surprised me in that regard. Flashbacks were important for every movie ), then we might see Purge: Brexit soon. :)

Its a Blum production...of course the budget will be in check.  And if Purge Anarchy is soemthing to judge off of...they get a lot of miles from their budget.

just saw this, I enjoyed it enough and it was pretty good.  It still is pretty cool how they completely changed the tone of the series right after the first one and now is even further away.  I think it was a good move to do so. :) 

• Like 1

Rank* Title Friday
7/1

(Estimates)
Saturday
7/2
Sunday
7/3
Monday
7/4
1 THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR
Universal

$14,470,000

-- / $5,175
$14,470,000 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
2 THE LEGEND OF TARZAN
Warner Bros.

$14,040,000

-- / $3,943
$14,040,000 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
3 FINDING DORY
Buena Vista

$13,439,254

+53.3% / $3,122
$343,788,856 / 15

N/A

N/A

N/A

:wub:love to see this numbers. purge is the best horror/thriller franchise in the last 10 years

• Like 2

This wasn't bad at all! Has kinda ditched it's horror genre for a more dark violent action satire. While the satire is super on the nose and not really subtle, this movie works great as an action movie. Why I found this an improvement over the other 2 for example was there was actually something to root for: in the first one, all you had was "oh I hope these characters get out of this alive" and while the second film was an improvement, the stakes were more the same. This one had stakes though, and they worked. 7/10

election Year

Anarchy

Purge

Honestly, I'd love to see a prequel of the very first Purge where it shows how America in general reacted to the first Purge.

• Like 4

I rewatched The Purge: Anarchy yesterday and the date of the Purge was March 21, 2023. It also says 6th Annual Purge. With that, the First Purge would have happened March 21, 2017. 

8 hours ago, bcf26 said:

I rewatched The Purge: Anarchy yesterday and the date of the Purge was March 21, 2023. It also says 6th Annual Purge. With that, the First Purge would have happened March 21, 2017. 

The first annual one would be 2018 and another five would put them at 2023. March 2018 would be a little more than a year after President Overlord Trump takes office... :ph34r:

• Like 2