Dementeleus

Monday Numbers 7/7 | AOE 4.76, Tammy 2.78, 22 Jump 1.55, Dragon2 1.45, DUFE 1.42, ETE 1.3 (spatula) | Actuals p13

2.78m Monday brings Tammy to 36m. Will overtake the total of Million Ways by Thursday and that of Blended by Thursday or Friday.

Too bad such an abortion of a film is going to make about 75m.
  • Like 1

I still can't believe, that Dragons can't managa a sub 30%-drop with no other kids movies at all.

What is wrong with box office? I hate the new rules of Box Office. I really do.

Oh, and Dear Dreamworks: It doesn't help to put 27 animated movies a year on your schedule, when there are some other big studios now, that can do successfull animation. Go back to your strenghth and deliver nice movies, instead of producing Fillers like "Turbo".

Always the same story in Hollywood. They want too much of the cake and then they wonder, where it's gone.

• Like 6

I still can't believe, that Dragons can't managa a sub 30%-drop with no other kids movies at all.

What is wrong with box office? I hate the new rules of Box Office. I really do.

Oh, and Dear Dreamworks: It doesn't help to put 27 animated movies a year on your schedule, when there are some other big studios now, that can do successfull animation. Go back to your strenghth and deliver nice movies, instead of producing Fillers like "Turbo".

Always the same story in Hollywood. They want too much of the cake and then they wonder, where it's gone.

GA seem to think Maleficent is another kids movie, and according to them, a better one. God knows why.

• Like 2

GA seem to think Maleficent is another kids movie, and according to them, a better one. God knows why.

They should be able to co-exist, if people wanted to see both movies (MU and DM2 made a combined 650m last year), but there is just no demand for Dragons 2 and I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

HTTYD2 isn't connecting with kids. It's too serious, too heavy, too sad, too dark, too violent, too scary.It's a little too grown up for most younger kids, and the 4-year gap means that the kids who saw HTTYD1 are at just that age where they are most likely to shun animation because they think they're too old for it.

• Like 4

Another 8.7M added to TF4 in China today. The current total is at 238M. By Friday it should pass CA:TWS as the highest grossing film in any market this year.

• Like 4

Another 8.7M added to TF4 in China today. The current total is at 238M. By Friday it should pass CA:TWS as the highest grossing film in any market this year.

Too bad it's DOM number can't keep up with it.

• Like 1

People were complaining we won't get a 300M grosser in the summer but that won't be the case anymore. 300M+ Chinese gross is very likely for TF4. 

• Like 3

I'm confused... DIM said nearly double. $950K+ compared to $562K is nearly double. Preferably you wait until it's over $1M to make that comment. But, even still, I understand where DIM's coming from here.

I posted that number to confirm he was right. :mellow:

• Like 2

And they are still being sued by their Chinese sponsors. So it is a double edged sword, all the pandering:  http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/chinese-transformers-sponsor-to-sue-paramount-movie-breaks-avatar-record/

Last Thursday, representatives of the Wulong Karst National Park located in Chongqing said they were mulling legal action against producers of the film. This followed calls for edits by another sponsor, Pangu Investments, which made headlines just before the movie’s release. The latter matter was swiftly resolved. But at a press conference on Monday, Wulong confirmed it is going forth with a suit, local reports say. Wulong, a UNESCO World Heritage site, says the park’s name was due to be featured on screen announcing the locale, but is not in the finished film. There also is concern that because the scenes immediately following take place in Hong Kong, it mistakenly gives the impression the two are nearby when they are actually over 700 miles apart. Per the Associated Press, the Chongqing Wulong Karst Tourism Co said it will sue both Paramount and its Chinese partner, 1905 Internet Technology Co of Beijing (M1905.com).

Liang Longfei, head of M1095, told local press last week that Wulong delayed payment to Paramount for five months. That, he said, resulted in “production time being very limited” and further led to a misunderstanding with the non-Chinese production team. According to the China.org report today, Paramount offered settlement and compensation, saying that all globally released DVDs and all TV and digital platforms will later show the logo. Huang Daosheng, general manager of Chongqing Wulong Karst Tourism, was reportedly not impressed, saying the loss was too great. “Without the logo or subtitles, people will never know where it is,” he said. In a statement to China.org, M1905.com said it has been actively trying to resolve the dispute and will not comment further since Wulong plans to take the matter to court. M1905 also noted in the statement, “We will reserve the right to sue false statements,” a nod to Wulong’s comments to the press about its handling of the situation.

Another brand, Hubei Zhou Heiya Food Co, is also said to be displeased with its placement deal and is consulting attorneys. “Our company is not happy,” deputy general manager Hao Lixiao told the Chongqing Morning Post, per China.org. “They promised that our products would make an impressive appearance, like an actor holding it. But it didn’t happen, audiences will not notice it easily and it wasn’t worth the seven-figure dollar sum we paid.”

• Like 1

YAY!

Ed lost his cool...lol.  I'm not the only mod who shows his dark side from time to time.  

:)

• Like 3

People were complaining we won't get a 300M grosser in the summer but that won't be the case anymore. 300M+ Chinese gross is very likely for TF4.

Huge Success.
  • Like 2