Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

Guys, think you've got to water down your expectations for Apes legs.

I don't think it will have that good WOM from the average Joe.

Doesn't seem like it's the kind of movie for them.

I'd be surprised if they embraced this, pleasantly surprised, but after what we've seen happen this summer, I don't think you should expect a super BO run.

• Like 1

Guys, think you've got to water down your expectations for Apes legs.I don't think it will have that good WOM from the average Joe.Doesn't seem like it's the kind of movie for them.I'd be surprised if they embraced this, pleasantly surprised, but after what we've seen happen this summer, I don't think you should expect a super BO run.

Why.
  • Like 1

Why.

Probably because it's DARK.  Isn't the movie basically about the near extinction and the start of the enslavement of the human race.  Everyone has seen the original - we all know it ends badly for humans and unlike the first film this one is far more ape centric.  I mean some people thought Dragon 2 was dark so...

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Probably because it's DARK. Isn't the movie basically about the near extinction and the start of the enslavement of the human race. Everyone has seen the original - we all know it ends badly for humans and unlike the first film this one is far more ape centric.

Dark movies have been very successful in the past.
  • Like 2

If I must see all these Jolie leg photos, could they at least be ones when Jolie's legs still had flesh on their bones and were attractive - like say Tomb Raider. :ph34r:

That leg pic is from 2012. She looks much better now.
  • Like 1

Also, Malf already has best legs in it's "genre". Alice, Oz, Snow White all did less than 3x multiplier, Malf didn't just reach 3x, it will get closer to 3.5x

For it to hit 3.5 it needs about 240.  I don't think it will get there. 

• Like 1

Yes, but many dark sequels have DROPPED from the first film's take, regardless of quality relative to the original or whether the BO take constituted success or disappointment. HTTYD2, BTTF2, Batman Returns, Temple of Doom, even Empire Strikes Back.The Dark Knight is the only dark sequel I can think of to break out relative to the first. (Maybe The Two Towers, but does the second chapter of a predetermined trilogy count?)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Yes, but many dark sequels have eve DROPPED from the first film's take, regardless of quality relative to the original or whether the BO take constituted success or disappointment. HTTYD2, BTTF2, Batman Returns, Temple of Doom, even Empire Strikes Back...

Difference in most of those films is that they reached massive proportions for their first film which means the sequel had nowhere to go but down.  HTTYD 2 has nothing to do with being dark.  It didn't even open well.  That indicates something different all together.

• Like 1