#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

Isnt there an action movie called Everest coming out about climbers that get stuck and stuff? Wonder how thall play out. I wasnt sure howd they make a movie about floating in space thrilling with Gravity or on a ship with Cap Phil, and Im not sure how you can make Everest thrilling, but I hope we're surprised like with Gravity and Cap Phil.

If it's anything to do with the 1996 disaster, it could be really gripping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Everest_disaster

Isnt there an action movie called Everest coming out about climbers that get stuck and stuff? Wonder how thall play out. I wasnt sure howd they make a movie about floating in space thrilling with Gravity or on a ship with Cap Phil, and Im not sure how you can make Everest thrilling, but I hope we're surprised like with Gravity and Cap Phil.

I'm not sure how they could make a movie like that boring.  I've seen several documentaries on climbing Everest, K2 etc and they're always lump in your throat, edge of seat affairs dealing with triumph, disappointment, life and death in man pitting himself against nature. The visuals are spectacular.  Then there's the aspect of wondering if these people are a but insane to e doing all this.

• Like 1

I can see the big CG avalanche money shot at the end of the trailer now.

Watch the IMAX Everest documentary. I think it's on Netflix at the moment.

It happened to be filming at the time of the disaster. There's some massive lump in your throat moments that play out. Mostly there isn't any need to heighten the danger and loss, though. The real story has plenty of thrills already.

• Like 1