#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

Bleh. You Know My Name is better and the melody is incorporated into the score which just makes it that much cooler.

Plus

Posted Image

The true DAME!

• Like 2

Hmm. 2011. Rango, 13 Assassins and Take Shelter. That's it for me that year. I recall being incredibly disappointed in film in 2011, the output both domestic and abroad was pretty much uniformly average to slightly above... And, so many big names just whiffed or delivered minor efforts.

• Like 1

A memorable villain on the same level as the series' greats (ignore the convoluted, illogical plan)

Great timing (50 year anniversary)

Superb cinematography

Mommy issues

The blend of new-type, Craig-Bond and old school, with the promise for more

Home Alone remake

See I thought the villain, the slight movement back the gadget and gimmicky Bond and the home alone stuff was daft and tonally at odds with the rest of the movie.

• Like 2

SKYFALL was appropriately grand visually, but the plot was absurd beyond belief, as was the generally self-serious tone of the movie overall (which was completely at odds with said plot). The villain ended up being pathetically small.

Skyfall is insane. They literally grab logic and throw it out of the window. It is absurd. They just needed to make a Dark Knight remake. And it didn't mattered how. 

• Like 1

Bleh. You Know My Name is better 

I dunno if I'd necessarily call it better - I generally think the Craig Bonds have had so-so theme songs, but get anyone but Adele to sing it and it would have been ridiculed.

• Like 1

SKYFALL was appropriately grand visually, but the plot was absurd beyond belief, as was the generally self-serious tone of the movie overall (which was completely at odds with said plot). The villain ended up being pathetically small.

dark knight rises
  • Like 1

Sometimes a villain just wants to kill an old lady. :huh:

• Like 1