CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

1 hour ago, Omario said:

just saw it. Very surprised i enjoyed this. I didnt think the first one was very bad or anything but this was much much better.

Is it more of the same just "bigger and better" or do they actually do something different with the film?:)

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Is it more of the same just "bigger and better" or do they actually do something different with the film?:)

I found it to be bigger yes. It had its cheesy moments. But when you hear little kids laughing in the audience you understand the target demographic it was meant for. So you can forgive it. Not particularly impressed with the villains. Was rushed and absolutely no build up. Literally just popped out of the blue with no real explanation. 

More screen time between the brothers which was good. I felt they missed it abit in the first one.

Anyways dont go in expecting the best of the summer. See it for what it is. A decent time pass.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

The cinema I worked at has this to celebrate the release of the movie. :lol:

facebook_image.png

"Fun days" like that are always so hard to work. We did one for Minions which I guess was fun but we also had one last September for the company's 50th birthday and played ET for families and had like a bunch of games and activities beforehand as well as after the movie. Problem was I had practically lost my voice, and a lot of the kids coming out of the movie thought I was doing an "ET voice" :/

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

"Fun days" like that are always so hard to work. We did one for Minions which I guess was fun but we also had one last September for the company's 50th birthday and played ET for families and had like a bunch of games and activities beforehand as well as after the movie. Problem was I had practically lost my voice, and a lot of the kids coming out of the movie thought I was doing an "ET voice" :/

our cinema does all kinds of stuff. Brought out a fleet of modified supercars for Furious 7, displayed a trio of iconic Bond cars for Spectre, got a local karate group in for KFP3, had dinosaur fossils on display for JW, got some stuntmen who worked on Mission Impossible 5 to put on a show for that movie. It's really cool how much effort they put into them - but putting turtles on display seems a bit of a stretch for TMNT :lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Treecraft said:

our cinema does all kinds of stuff. Brought out a fleet of modified supercars for Furious 7, displayed a trio of iconic Bond cars for Spectre, got a local karate group in for KFP3, had dinosaur fossils on display for JW, got some stuntmen who worked on Mission Impossible 5 to put on a show for that movie. It's really cool how much effort they put into them - but putting turtles on display seems a bit of a stretch for TMNT :lol:

I think its a great thing that your cinema tries to really make moviegoing an experience by itself :P

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kaijukurt said:

I think its a great thing that your cinema tries to really make moviegoing an experience by itself :P

That's why I wish my theatre was a bigger location. I love my whole crew of co-workers, but we always joke that we want an IMAX screen so bad. We say that our GM is just going to get so fed up with not having any sort of large format screen that one day we're going to show up for a marine shift and he's going to be behind the building with no sleep and drunk on coffee with a hammer and nails trying to build an IMAX himself :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

That's why I wish my theatre was a bigger location. I love my whole crew of co-workers, but we always joke that we want an IMAX screen so bad. We say that our GM is just going to get so fed up with not having any sort of large format screen that one day we're going to show up for a marine shift and he's going to be behind the building with no sleep and drunk on coffee with a hammer and nails trying to build an IMAX himself :lol:

That mental image is too much HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

The Michael Bay-produced live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel hits theaters this week, and the early reviews say the film is better than the previous movie, if by just a little. Seems like Paramount Pictures might believe they have a box office hit on their hands, and today have announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows will be released in domestic IMAX Theaters for a one week special engagement beginning on Thursday June 2nd 2016 at 5pm.