CJohn

Monday Numbers (Spatula): Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 4.2M | The Purge Anarchy - 3.4M

Godzilla actually made a profit, that's what matters. (Even if a movie makes 1b dollars it can still lose money if the budgets around 450-500m for example.)That's why TFiOS was actually the most profitable movie of this summer, which makes it one of the biggest successes of the summer.Sure 700m is more impressive than 550m, but a studio would rather have a 550m movie make a profit than a 700m movie that loses money.

Fault is not going to be the most profitable movie of the summer. TF4 is since it will make over 1 billion and another shitload of money on merchandising

• Like 1

Fault is not going to be the most profitable movie of the summer. TF4 is since it will make over 1 billion and another shitload of money on merchandising

Bay gets something for every Transformers toy sold in the world.

That s why he ll become eventually the third billionaire of the entertainment industry alongside Spielberg and Lucas.

Cameron could be the fourth if all his Avatar plans go smoothly.

• Like 1

Godzilla actually made a profit, that's what matters. (Even if a movie makes 1b dollars it can still lose money if the budgets around 450-500m for example.)That's why TFiOS was actually the most profitable movie of this summer, which makes it one of the biggest successes of the summer.Sure 700m is more impressive than 550m, but a studio would rather have a 550m movie make a profit than a 700m movie that loses money.

Not really. It's the net profit that count. A Studio will get more money from a $200m movie that makes $600m WW than a film with $10mil budget that makes $200m WW.

• Like 1

‘Maleficent’ Passes $700 Million at Worldwide Box Office

http://www.thewrap.com/maleficent-passes-700-million-at-worldwide-box-office/

Disney's fairy tale update starring Angelina Jolie is the highest-grossing original film of 2014

Disney's “Maleficent” has surpassed $700 million at the global box office, the studio said Tuesday.

It's Disney's 15th release ever to reach that threshold and the second of 2014, the first being the Marvel superhero sequel “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”

It's also Angelina Jolie‘s highest-grossing live-action film of all time domestically ($229 million), internationally ($472 million) and globally ($700 million), as well as the highest-grossing original film of 2014 worldwide.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=maleficient.htm

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 6

Dawn playing like an adults film, strong weekends weaker weekdays

Though I was hoping for a bit better. That's a 49% drop

After seeing it I just couldn't see teens getting into it for repeat viewings.   Not saying teens are stupid...but Apes does require you to pay attention and has some layers.

Original? It's a live action adaptation of a previous animated film, which was based off a fairy tale. I would hardly call it "original"

That's what I was wondering.

• Like 1

Will ww too Malef be bigger than all CBMs of 2014? So unreal.

If it continues great holds in Japan than it'll beat all CBM's as it could approach 750M WW. GOTG is the only obstacle left.

• Like 4

If it continues great holds in Japan than it'll beat all CBM's as it could approach 750M WW. GOTG is the only obstacle left.

Why do I have this massive feeling that GOTG is going to be a big flop?

Are people really expecting it to gross in mega-blockbuster territory (600+ WW)?.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 1

I don't see GOTG flopping, marketing campaign has been too good IMO. It may not reach high expectations, but toal floppage is impossible IMO. Hercules is the only contenter for that I think

Edited by BobbyJohn
  • Like 1

Why do I have this massive feeling that GOTG is going to be a big flop?

Are people really expecting it to gross in mega-blockbuster territory (600+ WW)?.

450M+ WW would be considered a big success for GOTG. Personally, I think it hits 600M WW which would be phenomenal for it. 

• Like 1

It was 650M actually. Bite me. It still made more than Fatzilla.

Worse than Borezilla and that wooden lead ATJ? I think not!

TASM fans would like to thank Godzilla, EoT and HTTYD2 for existing this summer. We managed to save some face thanks to that disastrous trio!

Posted Image

• Like 3

‘Maleficent’ Passes $700 Million at Worldwide Box Officehttp://www.thewrap.com/maleficent-passes-700-million-at-worldwide-box-office/ Disney's fairy tale update starring Angelina Jolie is the highest-grossing original film of 2014Disney's “Maleficent” has surpassed $700 million at the global box office, the studio said Tuesday.It's Disney's 15th release ever to reach that threshold and the second of 2014, the first being the Marvel superhero sequel “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”It's also Angelina Jolie‘s highest-grossing live-action film of all time domestically ($229 million), internationally ($472 million) and globally ($700 million), as well as the highest-grossing original film of 2014 worldwide. http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=maleficient.htm

What a sexy legs on The Dame.
  • Like 1