Ash Skywalker

The Goldfinch (September 13, 2019)

On 5/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, Alli said:

Well, this at least looks like a film in which the trailer isn't really giving much away. I'm very intrigued by the film, and I definitely want to see it in theaters. Very happy to see that the director of Brooklyn was able to get another gig.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

What makes you think he'll get one?

Mostly wishful thinking. Nothing based on this trailer, it almost makes it look like prime candidate to be this year's "this had oscar buzz".

I just think Ansel has been pretty good and well casted in the the two movies he is known for, so I kinda want him to prove wrong all those that think he is a talentless plank of wood. Who knows, maybe the movie is actually good and not a snoozefes. There are many people that no one thought would ever be up for an acting award until they were.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he's well cast in baby driver

Is he though? I just keep imagining what some like a Risky Business/Top Gun-era Tom Cruise-type could have done with the role, and it would have helped the film for sure.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Is he though? I just keep imagining what some like a Risky Business/Top Gun-era Tom Cruise-type could have done with the role, and it would have helped the film for sure.

i think he's good in it.

Ansel was enjoyable in Baby Driver. He was basically the straight man in a world full of crazy and eccentric characters, and he worked as a likable figure and as somebody the audience could relate to and see the world in. Maybe another actor could have added more charisma, but he worked okay.

• Like 1

I can't believe all the stans of that plank of wood RPatz  accuse Ansolo of not being charismatic in Baby Driver. The nerve...

Ansolo was nominated for a reason for a GG. Good charismatic performance and as a signal that he has arrived. RPatz is 10 years older and has no major nomination.

Working with Spielberg at his young age is also a win.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yep, he is good in it. I think he's also decent in Fault in our stars. No opinion on his role at the Divergent series, I actually don't remember anything from those movies.

I'm pretty lame stan though, @Alli is doing it right.

Edited by Joel M

2 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Yep, he is good in it. I think he's also decent in Fault in our stars. No opinion on his role at the Divergent series, I actually don't remember anything from those movies.

I'm pretty lame stan though, @Alli is doing it right.

LOL I'm not a stan. I can't even  say i was a fan of the movie Baby Driver, but you can't deny Ansolo is here to stay. He's had a meteoric debut and he's not slowing down any time soon. Oscar nom in the next few short years. Bookmark it!