Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

First It's going to open to above 90 like 95+. Second Guardians of the Galaxy is a very niche brand. It's unknown to like 99% of the population. I never heard of it before I saw the trailer for this movie.

Apparently its not that niche as it has one of the highest midnights this year. It won't hit a 3x maybe a 2.7. ....and thats pushing it.

Baumers lowballing. Eds lowballing. Tele wants to lowball. Why are the Mods killing the joy!?K1stpierre where you at, guh?

Baumer cause he hates it. Ed cause he loves Nolan. Tele is just old.
  • Like 7

Pretty much all Marvel movies (and even most blockbusters this summer) have increased on Saturday (minus previews, of course).

The difference is this one as opposed to other Marvel films is in Aug which has lower Sat bumps for all films. 

CA2 was April, Thor 2 was Nov, and Iron Man 1-3 and Thor 1 were early May. 

The only comparable are Cap 1 which came out late July - it stayed flat almost minus previews

$25,700,189 ($4m previews) / $21,943,393

And The Incredible Hulk released on June but. I don't have midnights for that but I doubt they were bigger than Iron Man's $1.5m and that dropped  $21,468,125/  $18,383,725

DOPOA increased $2m from Fri (minus previews) to Sat and that was an older skewing movie.

T4 dropped a bit from Fri - Sat minus preview numbers -   $41,868,135 (-$8.75) /  $32,434,708

Edited by TalismanRing

Baumers lowballing. Eds lowballing. Tele wants to lowball. Why are the Mods killing the joy!?K1stpierre where you at, guh?

I'm fighting for survival, pal!Is this gonna get ugly, now? Huh? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, racial differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old friends. You know, just both of us Californians.
  • Like 2