Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I don't think turtles have Imax screens. 

I read it was and with a quick search found this but it mentions just Int'l

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/imax-release-teenage-mutant-ninja-706442

Imax is to digitally remaster and screen the movie reboot Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on its international big screens.

Edited by TalismanRing

Not the biggest Guardians fan but I'm happy to see a movie like this rake in that kind of dough. This was more anticipated than Spidey 2 and DOFP which is just nutballs considering the histories attached to these franchises.I think this is a necessary victory for Marvel. Guarentees that their future through Avengers 3 and their expansion into cosmic Marvel lore will be widely anticipated, even after RDJ is gone.

Is there a chance this sold more tickets than Cap 2 because of more kids seeing it?

• Like 1

Not the biggest Guardians fan but I'm happy to see a movie like this rake in that kind of dough. This was more anticipated than Spidey 2 and DOFP which is just nutballs considering the histories attached to these franchises.I think this is a necessary victory for Marvel. Guarentees that their future through Avengers 3 and their expansion into cosmic Marvel lore will be widely anticipated, even after RDJ is gone.

I agree. The hype was insane for this, much more than those other 2 films before release, people are probably so 'been there done that' with those 2 franchises already. Happy to see it surpassing expectations.

Edited by Sky™

When asked about it a representative straight up smiled and walked away from the interview, so it's almost definitely the case.

oh please let it be ....i'll watch anything with him in it 

except that pseudo doc :ph34r: he did i was like

Posted Image

“I don't know you anymore! Anakin   Joaquin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow!”

Luckily he snapped out of that and went back to his usual brooding self ^_^

Edited by LadyEvenstar22

Something positive here : Marvel won't be afraid about new franchises from less known comics, so we can be confident about Panther,Ant-Man, Miss Marvel and the Inhumans.GOTG shows you can be very successful with an all-new universe.

• Like 1

WOWZA great number! Hope the actual can push it over CA2 but great number nevertheless!Does anyone remember Jon Schnepp from AMC predicting close to 100OW and everyone just like "hahaha no"

• Like 1

Movies don't need to be serious to be great, most of my favorite movies tend to be comedies.

Yeah, I never understood the idea that a movie that is so serious, to the point that it just sucks the soul out of everyone watching it, would want to come back for a second helping.

• Like 1

WOWZA great number! Hope the actual can push it over CA2 but great number nevertheless!Does anyone remember Jon Schnepp from AMC predicting close to 100OW and everyone just like "hahaha no"

I think he also predicted 150M OW for Godzilla and that was a huge miss, but in this case he actually came close.

• Like 1