Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I have an opportunity to see a PGA screening on Sunday... not sure if I can make my schedule work, but I'm gonna try.

I got my passes for the screening at Century City. Hopefully will make it on Sunday. Will definitely be watching this in IMAX (maybe Universal or Rave) when it releases.

• Like 1

Question to Grim and Tele, im moving to north hollywood Oct 1st. 

Whats the best IMAX in LA area, and whats your guys favorite theaters? 

I dunno about best, but if you're in NoHo you're just minutes from Citywalk, which has a true 15/70 IMAX screen and multiple LieMAXes and is generally an awesome place to watch a movie (if you can get around paying a ton for parking). 

Citywalk IMAX:

Posted Image

Arclight Hollywood and Arclight Sherman Oaks are great choices too (probably about the same distance from NoHo, depending on where you'll be).

And lastly, the Graumann Chinese IMAX should be really cool, if (again) you can deal with the hassle of parking at Hollywood/Highland.

Other options near you is the triple AMC Burbank set-up: it's called the AMC Burbank 30 but it's actually 3 separate theater locations (all close to the same downtown Burbank mall complex). That one also has LieMAXes.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

Question to Grim and Tele, im moving to north hollywood Oct 1st. 

Whats the best IMAX in LA area, and whats your guys favorite theaters? 

I think Tele covered it very well. I would recommend checking out the Arclight Cinerama Dome as well, it is not an IMAX but the experience is brilliant.

My favorite theaters in the LA area are (apart from Arclight Hollywood which I mentioned):

- The Grove. The atmosphere at the Grove is brilliant and the theater is just as good.

- Westside Pavilion. If any movie is in limited release and is only in 2-3 theaters around the country, you can bet that one of those is the Landmark at Westside pavilion, the concessions are pretty good as well. This is mainly for independent releases.

- AMC Marina 6 Dine-In. Just amazing if you want to watch a movie seated in a LA-Z boy with food served right to your seat. The ultimate couch potato dream

- Universal City / Rave 18 - The 2 true IMAX screens. Both aren't too great outside the fact that they are true IMAX

- Laemmles - Only because I caught the midnight showing of "The Room" there, it was fun.

- El Capitan - The Disney Theater. They have a show before every movie. Parking is hell.

Maybe the new Chinese theater will join this list soon  :)

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Btw, Jay, a lot of those theaters are reserved seating. Not sure whether you have a lot of those in the OC.

I love this about LA. I just walk in 5 minutes before the trailers and know that the seat is reserved and waiting. 

No we don't have any around here. Im not sure how I feel about them, I enjoy the whole getting seats process of the movies. 

No we don't have any around here. Im not sure how I feel about them, I enjoy the whole getting seats process of the movies. 

Jay just move to the east coast where we drive up, park (for free), buy our ticket in 30 seconds, walk in, and sit down, and enjoy. And you won't have to rely on Fandango for tickets!

• Like 1

Jay just move to the east coast where we drive up, park (for free), buy our ticket in 30 seconds, walk in, and sit down, and enjoy. And you won't have to rely on Fandango for tickets!

I get cold to easy, if its under 70 my nipples start to get hard. I don't think I could hang on the east coast. 

• Like 1

I get cold to easy, if its under 70 my nipples start to get hard. I don't think I could hang on the east coast. 

Nah man im on the lower east coast, it stays pretty warm here. Only negative is the humidity. It may make your nipples sweat a tad.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1