Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (RTH): TMNT (7.4), GOTG (6.6)

Katniss coming from that crown.

Still it would be the biggest film of the domestic summer, which is a big accomplishment, considering how obscure the property its based off is.

Congrats Guardians. Well deserved.

Amen PokeArch :D.. Very Deserved.. I hop Turtles clears 170-180+ domestic :)

• Like 1

My friend saw Turtles tonight and he quite liked it, so now I'm looking forward to it more. I trust his opinion pretty much all the time Guardians is going to have an amazing run from here. I don't see many huge drops in the futureI imagine bay is still partying somewhere...

Do it AA seems Papa gots a brand new bag heh heh with the guardians on fire box office

What percent chance for 300M??

I'd give it 40%. It needs to do 170% of Cap 1 to get there and right now it's at 152%. Tuesday's number is well over 170% of what Cap1 did on that same day in its run, but the grosses are dropping so it won't gain as much even if it starts to double it. Right now I'm thinking 280-290. But Labor Day is coming...and I'm sure it will get a dollar run as well...

• Like 1

I'd give it 40%. It needs to do 170% of Cap 1 to get there and right now it's at 152%. Tuesday's number is well over 170% of what Cap1 did on that same day in its run, but the grosses are dropping so it won't gain as much even if it starts to double it. Right now I'm thinking 280-290. But Labor Day is coming...and I'm sure it will get a dollar run as well...

300m for Guardians is very unlikely IMO, but it's theoretically possible. I think we can all agree though that the first two Iron Man movies are definitely out of reach for it domestically.

Edit: Very good increases though for the Top two.

Edited by miketheavenger

If it merely performs as well as TF4 from here it will clear 265. And it's pretty obvious it's performing better than that film. From 94% of TF4 on OW to 125% of it on Tuesday.

Also that's a 46.5% drop from last Tues to this.

I might just have to make a chart. :P

Nice numbers for both :D

Also, I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but:

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=2014openers.htm

No that's reserved for catching fire, it won't get above that unless a miracle happens but #3 is a safe bet.

...Then what the hell is going to be #1?

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 2

Called a 12% increase for Turtles today.....I thonk it will hit it.

It's not going to decrease. The later you get into August, the bigger the drops are on Monday and the bigger the increase on Tuesday.  My guess is it will increase by about 10-12%.  

Curious to see who will be on top Tuesday as Guardians should increase and Turtles could have a small decrease

Every once in a while, I get something right...not often, but from time to time it happens.  :)

• Like 9