kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Beside me being even older than the assumed 40 is still 50... women in av. live longer...

Did you tell that to your mother / grandmother too?

We do actually have e.g. rolling pins.... (and me collecting machanical tools, also lots of hammer,...)

Whatchu say about my mama?!

Posted Image

please. add all the numbers in your post together and you come close to tele's age.

What am I, Lau??

• Like 1

Well, ScaJo is about 3 times as pretty as Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

Concept and freshness sells. ScaJo being hot and bad ass getting revenge as a lead is a new concept and still fresh. People liked her doing it in Iron Man 2, Avengers and Captain America 2. So Lucy concept interested them. Obviously if ScaJo is still doing that 10 years from now it's not going to sell. Which is the problem Stallone and Schwarzenegger are having right now. The first Expendables was a big hit, because it was a fresh concept. Now people have gotten sick of it by a third movie in five years. Especially when they did 80 throw-back stuff like Bullet to the Head, Last Stand and Escape Plan between Expendables sequels. For Arnold/Sly it's franchise sequels going forward. Or they need to get themselves in modern CGI blockbusters(even as co-leads or supporting parts) or new interesting concept movies. Doing throwback movies at a old age isn't working anymore.

• Like 3

Not Strong for EX3 Sorry.  EX3 is not winning the Weekend.  So they went PG13 for that?

That and the fact a DVD quality copy has been floating around the web for almost 3 weeks. I would guess a lot of its core audience already has a copy of it.

http://deadline.com/2014/08/box-office-expendables-late-nights-unimpressive-819983/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

UPDATED, Friday 2:28 PM:

Matinee grosses are rolling in — it’s early yet — but it appears that the aging action stars looking for more glory days may get walloped by turtles and a sardonic raccoon. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Guardians of the Galaxy may hold onto the No. 1 and No. 2 box office spots this weekend as the newcomers are in a bit of strife.

Expendables 3 will be lucky to get to $20M after it looks to be running about 40% behind the last installment. That means, maybe $18M for the three-day. Figure in that the picture is looking at a loss from 5M or so in illegal downloads and that its appearing to be a tired franchise and you get the bigger picture.

If you compare the last two pictures, the first Expendables opened to $13M and had a three-day gross of $35M while Expendables 2 opened to $10M for a $28M opening weekend. Right now, Expendables is running an estimated $6.5M for tonight after lackluster Thursday late night opening of only $875K. Gosh, with these kind of numbers on the softer PG-13 film from Millennium Entertainment/Lionsgate, will we see an Expendables 4?

Let’s Be Cops has been waning since its front-loaded start of $5.2M Wednesday opening. As I previously reported it’s been dogged by critics (Rotten Tomatoes has it at about 9%) and by that B CinemaScore which doesn’t bode well for word of mouth. Maybe $4.5M today for a three-day gross of around $12M to $13M at the moment; that would give it a five-day of mmmaybe $20M.

The other newcomer, The Giver, unfortunately, is not taking at the turnstiles as much as thought for distributor TWC. It’s about 25% behind comparison title The Host which opened to $5M on Friday and grossed $10.6M for the weekend. This one should have better word of mouth as the critics have been decidedly mixed. So, will see how this one plays out for director Phillip Noyce. Will it be another YA adapted bummer? Or a just okay summer?

• Like 3

I'm honestly not surprised about the giver's number. There has been no WOM for this. I haven't seen that much advertising or buzz at all.

Yeah, its # doesn't surprise me at all. I have seen almost zero advertising for it.
  • Like 1