kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

I stay away from the CBM forums for the same reasons I steer clear of the IMDB boards or the comment sections of political sites:Life's too short.

IMDB is not as bad those sites if you stay away from comic book and super popular movies. Lots of trolls but I have some decent conversations about movies and tv shows.

• Like 2

A request to... whoever is able to:

title says Sat numbers are at page 48, but (at least with my browser...) are at page 47.

Change it a lot of work?

Nice additional growing for #1&#2

• Like 1

And now after looking over the thread more, I apologize for bringing up baumer like that again. That said, I want to make sure baumer knows I don't really think of him as a troll so yay~On topic: Really wish Boyhood had held better :/

Deadline is reporting that despite being out for six weeks already it might have a chance to crack the top 10. That's not bad.

See,this is one of my big problems.  Those of you who ridicule me for whatever you do, select snippets of what I say and then forget about the whole story.  Yes, GOTG is an uber success.  It's probably the biggest surprise of the year.  Box office wise it is doing fantastic.  I've never said otherwise.

This whole thing started because a portion of the members here were saying that GOTG would win last weekend, and then it would win Monday and then Tues and then Weds, and then it would win Friday and this weekend.  This has more to do with giving Turtles its due than it does giving shit to GOTG.  

I'm not a martyr and I'm not a troll.  But I will respond and defend my opinions and use logic to illustrate points.  This is bothersome to some people.  And if you don't like being called out when you make a bad prediction, then don't make one in the first place.

First, there's nothing wrong with 'taking snippets' of what you or anyone else says and replying just to that. Nobody is obligated to reply to every point of a multi-point post or wax about the meta-issue that animated an aspect of a thread. If one point out of six interests you then you can reply just to that point and not the rest, so long as you quote that point alone so that others can see what you are doing. I did just that, which would be obvious had you included the part of your previous post that I responded to. It makes it clear that I did not misrepresent or distort anything about what you were saying.

Second, since you really want commentary about the meta-issue: If anyone insisted that GOTG was going to beat TMNT last weekend and also in the days that have followed, well, obviously they were wrong. What else is there to say about that? If a TMNT fan's point is to extract a pound of cyber-flesh by gloating about it more power to them, and if they want to characterize that as being more about giving TMNT its due (and IMO it has certainly earned its due with a much higher than expected box office tally so far) than sharting on GOTG that's fine with me. But I don't care to dwell on that.

Edited by estebanJ

Just realised that until Sat numbers come out, The Avengers made more money in its first weekend than GotG has now. I know not really related but still crazy.

Well TA did more during its OW than TASM2 will do in its entire run.  

TA has overtaken the majority of  CBM respective entire run within its OW.

• Like 2

Just realised that until Sat numbers come out, The Avengers made more money in its first weekend than GotG has now. I know not really related but still crazy.

TA made more in seven days than any film has done this year so...

• Like 2