Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Adam Brody (The O.C.) will reportedly join Michelle Borth (Hawaii Five-0), Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why), D. J. Cotrona (From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series), and Meagan Good (Minority Report) as the film’s Shazam Family.

I'm cool with this news. The more prominence given to the kids and their characters (including the grown up versions), the better.

Also, both DJ Cotrona and Adam Brody were in George Miller's Justice League Mortal as Superman and Flash respectively. :P 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 hours ago, StevenG said:

Question: what is the Shazam family? If there is a whole bunch of mini-Shazams and Lady Shazams and Shazam Jrs in the origin film for Shazam, would that not make Shzam (the character) less special?

Is Shazam all that special in the first place though? I mean, he's kinda a Superman rip-off on his own. At least the entire bunch of kids transforming into adult superheroes makes the concept more unique.

And after It and Stranger Things, kid gangs are in. They even have a kid from It in this. Also helps that this bunch is way more diverse than the other two sets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Is Shazam all that special in the first place though? I mean, he's kinda a Superman rip-off on his own. At least the entire bunch of kids transforming into adult superheroes makes the concept more unique.

And after It and Stranger Things, kid gangs are in. They even have a kid from It in this. Also helps that this bunch is way more diverse than the other two sets.

I was just curious.

After I wrote that, I thought: 'well, that was a silly question!' :D 

18 hours ago, StevenG said:

Question: what is the Shazam family? If there is a whole bunch of mini-Shazams and Lady Shazams and Shazam Jrs in the origin film for Shazam, would that not make Shzam (the character) less special?

There are more than one Green Lantern and Flash not to mention Supergirl has similar powers to Superman, it's not just the powers that make them special, it's their personality. 

Since filming is apparently supposed to be done soon, does that mean we’ll get an official teaser trailer alongside Aquaman at Comic Con? Studios generally don’t release official theatrical trailers for two movies from the same franchise on the exact same day, do they? 

12 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Since filming is apparently supposed to be done soon, does that mean we’ll get an official teaser trailer alongside Aquaman at Comic Con? Studios generally don’t release official theatrical trailers for two movies from the same franchise on the exact same day, do they? 

DC did it with WW and JL (though the latter wasn't an official trailer) (there's also the SS mess where they were forced to release it)

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

DC did it with WW and JL (though the latter wasn't an official trailer) (there's also the SS mess where they were forced to release it)

But as you said, the JL one wasn’t an official trailer that was released in theaters. 

I imagine since Shazam has a Spring release, we'll probably see a teaser at Comic Con, a second trailer with either Aquaman or Fantastic Beasts then the final trailer with either Dark Phoenix or Captain Marvel. 

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Would wb want to take away from AQM's buzz from releasing trailers for both of these movies on the same day?I don't think so.DP2 would be a great date but something tells me Ocean's 8.Webwill get Shazam at ComicCon.

I think we'll get a longer Aquaman trailer at Comic Con but also a teaser of Shazam. The first trailer for Shazam likely won't be until November or December.

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

My thoughts are still:

Aquaman trailer with Oceans 8.

Shazam teaser at Comic-Con. And I would assume a full trailer with Fantastic Beasts 2.

I think WB might save the full trailer for Aquaman. I think Godzilla is more likely for FB2