Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

38 minutes ago, a2knet said:

In 2016 BVS and SS did 655 combined dom. In 2017 JL and Wondy1 did 642 dom. Next year Shazam (300+) and Wondy2 (375+) could break that DCEU benchmark.

Reveal hidden contents

Wonder Woman 500M+ 

Shazam 200M+

39 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The costume looks good, but the padding is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a big budget superhero film. Granted, it's pretty much impossible for a person to look like the Shazam from the comics, which I already brought up, but that doesn't mean they should have compensated in such a foamy way. Lol. 

Have you seen afflecks Batman suit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Now after all this huge breakdown with not-opular heroes, we can't say anything like this

Yes, at this point it is clear that the popularity of a character in the comics doesn't really matter for the box office. That is not what I had in mind. Rather, a superhero movie starring so many teenagers seems a bit niche to reach $300M.

A lower budget also means less marketing etc. Logan ($226M) is the ceiling in my opinion. That movie had not only great reviews but a large existing fan base and famous stars - two things Shazam lacks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Wtf....so many scenes are leaking out online...and WB is doing nothing about it. Looks to me like it's being done on purpose by some crew member with the blessing of WB.

Reminds me of the early and mid 2000s when there would be lots of set pic leaks.

These last Pics were taken by a professional photographer on the streets of Toronto. There is literally nothing WB can do when they film at an outside location that the public is either walking by or lives by or works by lol. Same thing happened when SS filmed in Toronto a few years ago. 

40 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Wtf....so many scenes are leaking out online...and WB is doing nothing about it. Looks to me like it's being done on purpose by some crew member with the blessing of WB.

Reminds me of the early and mid 2000s when there would be lots of set pic leaks.

It’s like Suicide Squad all over again 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

It’s like Suicide Squad all over again 

I hope this doesn't turn into another SS. Frankly I have completely forgotten that movie. It did very well at the boxoffice because of the excellent marketing campaign, but boy was it a GARBAGE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

I hope this doesn't turn into another SS. Frankly I have completely forgotten that movie. It did very well at the boxoffice because of the excellent marketing campaign, but boy was it a GARBAGE.

I think quality wise it will be much better. Just meant how everyday we are getting new set pictures 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m not familiar with the lead actor but he looks fit in the (padded) costume. 

Lead actors a complete dork in almost every role he's ever played. Its because he's a massive dork in real life.

Which helps, because he's extremely likable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

One of the things I like about these recent films is how much they seem to be embracing the comics. Shazam looks quite good, and I think it'll be a real heroic hero. Since they're also kids, I think Superman will probably end up being one of Freddy and Billy's influences. 

It's rumoured Henry Cavill is going to cameo as Superman which would be cool. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's rumoured Henry Cavill is going to cameo as Superman which would be cool. 

Would help make the DCEU feel connected, without shoehorned in aspects. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the rumored Superman appearance is a mid-credit scene or something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Would help make the DCEU feel connected, without shoehorned in aspects. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the rumored Superman appearance is a mid-credit scene or something. 

I'd like it to be at the end like a conversation between Shazam and Supes on a rooftop, the mid credit scene should be Black Adam awakening from his slumber

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'd like it to be at the end, the mid credit scene should be Black Adam awakening from his slumber

I'm assuming the Superman scene will probably be him going to Billy, asking him if he's interested in joining The Justice League or something. 

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm assuming the Superman scene will probably be him going to Billy, asking him if he's interested in joining The Justice League or something. 

Think it's more likely he'd congratulate him on beating Sivana and hope they can work together sometime.

I think both that and Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam (I'm sure that'll be filmed but kept very under wrap) would be such cool moments.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Think it's more likely he'd congratulate him on beating Sivana and hope they can work together sometime.

I think both that and Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam (I'm sure that'll be filmed but kept very under wrap) would be such cool moments.

Having Black Adam appear at the end of the film, and setting him up for the sequel would make sense, and it could make for a great scene too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Having Black Adam appear at the end of the film, and setting him up for the sequel would make sense, and it could make for a great scene too. 

I'll be curious which costume they use for Black Adam given Shazam's costume is New 52/Rebirth influenced. I like BA's New 52/Rebirth costume with the cape and hood but I think the classic costume would suit Dwayne Johnson better. 

• Like 1

If Supes does appear in the movie, it’ll most likely be a cute little cameo appearance that won’t actually serve the plot, which I’d be fine with. In any case, I could definitely see him being a big source of inspiration for Billy. 

Edited by WittyUsername