Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

they are lesser because they don't like dark stories

They are lesser because they can't take another interpritation of storytelling (darkest vibe like absolutely opposite option). But, you can continue living in your little pink world with unicorns and rainbows where, as you think, you're always right.:hahaha:

tenor.gif?itemid=5910298

Edited by KeepItU25071906

13 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

They are lesser because they can't take another interpritation of storytelling (darkest vibe like absolutely opposite option). But, you can continue living in your little pink world with unicorns and rainbows where, as you think, you're always right.:hahaha:

tenor.gif?itemid=5910298

Well, for starters, I never said I don't like dark stories (I like them where they fit well, i.e. Batman stories; a Shazam movie is NOT where they fit well at all), so joke's on you. And second, if they think that way, let them be, who the fuck cares. If they had the exact same opinion but preferred darker instead of light, would you call them out on it or be so up and arms about it the way you are? Probably not. :redcapes:

But I admit to have misinterpreted your post (in part), so I apologize for that and will move on.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I also never said You don't like dark stories.

I took that from the "unicorn world" comment at surface. Then I realized it wasn't really that what you meant but didn't backtrack anyway. The point being: if some people don't like things to go dark, that's their problem, and to those folks goes this: dark is far from the issue with whatever went wrong with the DCEU. The Dark Knight trilogy is considered masterful, and good luck finding stylistically and thematically superhero films than those. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are widely acclaimed TV series on Netflix, and good luck finding stylistically and thematically darker superhero shows than those. If the DCEU movies failed, it's because they just weren't good, not because they were dark.

However, ultimately, it's their perrogative to choose light over dark, mate. Is it a dumb one? Depends, but if we are talking about the people that think dark always sucks, then yes, I agree (don't think that was the case here, since Shazam should NOT be a dark movie and that's where that comment was coming from). But whatever, no need to have that much of an issue with it. You do you, they do they. Let's calm ourselves down and just enjoy these damn films (and not jump into name calling on 1st opportunity) :redcapes:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Dark stories in CBM can work well (eg. TDK and Logan) once there is someone competent behind the camera doing it and not the giant shit stained dark comic book movies we've been privy to by a certain director who shall remain nameless. Those types of poorly executed dark stories from CBM's released one after the next is what is off-putting to most hence their comments of not wanting dark verse CBM in lieu of the more upbeat lighter CBMs. 

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Really bad. 

Nope. Yes it has some issues with script, but who doesn't? Even Black Panther, which I also hugely like, have same issues (like some Killmonger's actions and others), but it doesn't make BP bad movie.

Also second main BvS issue- too much CGI last fight between Doomsday and Trinity.

But, anyway, BvS is a great movie. Scene between Luthor and senator Finch in Luthor Mansion - golden standart for most CBM

"Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator? Devils don’t come from hell beneath us. They come from the sky."

2 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

MoS and BvS (especially) are great CBM. BvS is hugely underrated.

LOVE IT.

Ehhhhhhh............. to each their own I guess.

(Well, tbh, BVS is kinda underrated as it's not Godawful like a lot of people say. I reserve Godawful to films like Suicide Squad and TASM2, and BVS is clearly better than either.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

(Well, tbh, BVS is kinda underrated as it's not Godawful like a lot of people say. I reserve Godawful to films like Suicide Squad and TASM2, and BVS is clearly better than either.)

:hahaha:yeah right BVS is underrated.