Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I’m a bit confused cause some people are saying there’s no social media embargo which means they can react right after the movie tonight but others are saying Thursday. I guess we’ll know in a few hours if they’re allowed to comment tonight or not lol. 

WOW ... allowing reactions on Captain Marvel opening night ... bold move and shows they give no fucks and are likely very confident. 

The film getting reactions this early (and supposedly reviews on 23rd) is probably because they think need an extra kick of momentum leading into release.

4 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

WOW ... allowing reactions on Captain Marvel opening night ... bold move and shows they give no fucks and are likely very confident. 

The film getting reactions this early (and supposedly reviews on 23rd) is probably because they think need an extra kick of momentum leading into release.

Seems like it’s Thursday for reactions but either way it’s super early. Not sure if they’re doing screenings the next few days and then allowing social media reactions. I just know it’s screening tonight for sure for what seems like the blogger sites. 

Edited by cax16

If the social media and review embargoes are lifted that early it can only mean one thing: WB is very confident that the reviews and feedback will be great. Shazam will in all probability get the second highest rotten tomatoes score in the DCEU after only Wonder Woman. 

WB wants to use the potential great reviews and vibes about Shazam in their marketing campaign to create some needed hype for the movie. Its a strategy that could work.

• Like 1

Oh, I guess now it makes sense for Thursday cause that early fan screening is also that night (in Miami and anywhere else if they’re having one). So I guess they’ll be able to react as well I assume on social media. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Oh, I guess now it makes sense for Thursday cause that early fan screening is also that night (in Miami and anywhere else if they’re having one). So I guess they’ll be able to react as well I assume on social media. 

Still unusual to release the embargo so early, what's the point? :ohmyzod:

3 hours ago, AdamKendall said:

It is clever if you ask me. A lot of people will want to search up Shazam this weekend because the trailer will be attached to Captain Marvel. The first things that will come up when they search up the movie will be the positive reactions or articles about them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

To get the great buzz out and get everyone super excited?

Sure but this social embargo would be the day a huge superhero blockbuster is released, also are tickets even on sale yet? In any case, one month in advance is unusual.