Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Given Shazam is an even more overbuffed superhero than Superman in the comics, it's kind of funny they went with a guy who probably has one of the most average joe physiques in Hollywood

Levi will probably get into major shape for the role. I'm sure it's a requirement. 

I actually think, given the Captain's "child-like goofy" personality, that Levi is a pretty good choice to play the character. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Levi will probably get into major shape for the role. I'm sure it's a requirement. 

I actually think, given the Captain's "child-like goofy" personality, that Levi is a pretty good choice to play the character. 

Levi doesn't have the build though of a Cavill or Evans or Hemsworth. Doesn't matter how much he works out, he's not gonna get that kind of physique. Not a big deal to me, it's just interesting because it would be a huge deal to most if they had cast him to play say Superman. And like I said, Shazam is probably even more overbuffed than Supes in comics. 

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

I can totally imagine the first teaser ending with the kid yelling "SHAZAM! in a relatively dangerous situation and BAM, surprise! Big rousing moment!

I'm excited, this could play very well with families if done correctly.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I haven’t listened to the full podcast yet but I heard a small clip where they talked about Levi’s weight gain, it’s been about 20lbs so far, he’s went from 200lbs to 220lbs so far in like a month or so. 

Thats 15 st 10 lb for us Brits.

Thats kind of obese.

10 hours ago, cax16 said:

I haven’t listened to the full podcast yet but I heard a small clip where they talked about Levi’s weight gain, it’s been about 20lbs so far, he’s went from 200lbs to 220lbs so far in like a month or so. 

Damn, that's definitely crazy. That's 10% of his body weight gained in a month in what I'd assume would be muscle. Good on him. 

I'd love if Shazam were a big commercial and critical hit for the DCEU. It would be the second film about a superhero whose powers were gifts from classic gods (after Wonder Woman) from the troubled franchise... Maybe the next big DCEU film should be a film about Deadman (whose powers were gifted to him by a Hindu deity).

StrangeAdventures207.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I'd love if Shazam were a big commercial and critical hit for the DCEU. It would be the second film about a superhero whose powers were gifts from classic gods (after Wonder Woman) from the troubled franchise... Maybe the next big DCEU film should be a film about Deadman (whose powers were gifted to him by a Hindu deity).

StrangeAdventures207.jpg

Deadman can't carry a film, WB was planning Justice League Dark which is basically the weird and supernatural DC characters like Constantine, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Deadman and Etrigan teaming up.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Deadman can't carry a film, WB was planning Justice League Dark which is basically the weird and supernatural DC characters like Constantine, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Deadman and Etrigan teaming up.

"________ can't carry a film"

The same thing that has been said about many characters, from Ant-Man, Iron Man, and the Guardians of the Galaxy, to even an iconic one like Wonder Woman. We all know how that ended.

A film being "carried" is an elusive, yet oh-so-common concept that nobody can really explain or understand, but I suspect that it might have to do with people thinking that "well, so and so character is so obscure that they cannot sustain a whol narrative around them."

With all due respect, I say "BS!" to that.

Give him a solid script (the heart of any film) that makes him compelling, figure out a great emotional hook for the narrative, get a solid director and a great cast, and watch as a Deadman film succeeds.