Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

12 hours ago, AndyK said:

I think so.... including the Kid element usually works well to sell the movies...ref IT and Stranger Things. 

I am more interested in Shazam then Aquaman.

Aquaman  looks like it will  be a standard Superhero film..it could be very well done,but it's not going to break the mold..whereas Shazam looks like  it could be somethink really different.

And it's DC's first attempt on a Superhero film that will be pretty heavy on the comedy.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I am more interested in Shazam then Aquaman.

Aquaman  looks like it will  be a standard Superhero film..it could be very well done,but it's not going to break the mold..whereas Shazam looks like  it could be somethink really different.

And it's DC's first attempt on a Superhero film that will be pretty heavy on the comedy.

To be fair...we don't even know what Aquaman literally "looks like" yet.  We've seen a still or two, and no footage at all. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

To be fair...we don't even know what Aquaman literally "looks like" yet.  We've seen a still or two, and no footage at all. 

We've gotten tons of details already from that early screening and that cinemacon presentation. I think we pretty much knows what it looks like based on those descriptions.

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

But Aquaman at least has the potential to have some really cool visual effects that are unlike anything from a Marvel movie. I mean, how many other live action movies have involved underwater cities with armored sharks and seahorses? 

Shazam, by comparison, doesn’t seem to have any unique hook to set it apart from all the other teen superhero movies out there. I’m not saying it’ll flop, or that it doesn’t have the potential to do better than Aquaman, but I just don’t see what makes it more unique than the former. 

I think both movies have great hooks, Shazam's Big meets Superheroes vibe has huge potential because what kid doesn't want to be a superhero? 

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/shazam-trailer-aquaman-footage

Shazam footage said to eclipse what was shown for Aquaman. 

It's that ONE random guy's opinion on Twitter. And he didn't say "eclipse", he said he's more excited for Shazam. Clickbaiters gotta clickbait <_<

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

My expecting for Aquaman is a underwater film.And it's a James Wan action film after Furious7 rather than a superhero film.As for Shazam,it's very first kids group film.Shazam family finally debut on screen.Hope both do well

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual, the claws are out for anything that was even remotely/tangentially associated with the DCEU's Snyderverse. Remember when everyone and their mom was expecting/hoping/wishing for Wonder Woman to be awful and flop (in spite of NOT being directed by Snyder)? How did that work out? Now it's Aquaman's turn. Every morsel of info is enhanced times a million through the lens of the anti-Snyder fandom.

Guys, give it up.

None of us knows what Aquaman looks like.

Anyone who says they do is just trying to stir the pot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've always had faith in Aquaman and Shazam from the moment Wan and Sandberg stepped on board, and with the people who overlooks/ed New Line's terrific crop of horror in the last couple of years (Conjuring universe feels like the only CU franchise besides MCU that's both critically and commercially successful, Lights Out broke out, and of course the smash hit that was It), the franchise is probably gonna get far more focused than before. I think that Shazam's approach of a kid gang becoming Supermen is gonna play really well with audiences, especially in a post-Stranger Things/It world.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I've always had faith in Aquaman and Shazam from the moment Wan and Sandberg stepped on board, and with the people who overlooks/ed New Line's terrific crop of horror in the last couple of years (Conjuring universe feels like the only CU franchise besides MCU that's both critically and commercially successful, Lights Out broke out, and of course the smash hit that was It), the franchise is probably gonna get far more focused than before. I think that Shazam's approach of a kid gang becoming Supermen is gonna play really well with audiences, especially in a post-Stranger Things/It world.

I think New Line's success was the reason Toby Emmerich and Walter Hamada has been given the top jobs. Not everything at New Line has been successful but the successes do outweigh the flops.

It's a shame Rawson Marshall Thurber is busy with Red Notice because I suspect he'd be eyed for a potential DC film or a WB tentpole given he proved himself with Central Intelligence.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ooh the DCEU could be back on track.

Maybe they should just stick to the solo films and leave the team ups to Marvel. 

I have full confidence in both directors. 

I think they'll do a team up eventually but probably a lot later down the line

Yeah, this movie has a ton of potential for DCEU (wow those are strange words to type together). The concept is appealing, marketing already looks miles better than the Snyder stuff with just one poster, and the character is rife with MCU type charismatic appeal if Levi pulls the performance off. Aquaman will be another bomb, but 2019 might actually be a banner year for DCEU with this and WW2.