eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

BOM put up new "vs" with Guardians against, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Man of Steel. Interesting chart.  Guardians has been running even with or better than Iron Man since the first Monday.  Spidey is no contest of course. Still pretty far behind MoS, but Mos had bad drops and stalled out eventually.

• Like 2

No, they are on place 6, the early estimate list added that one for some reason a bit late (or I was too early beside waiting a bit)

6 The Expendables 3 $6,530,000 -59% 3,221 0 $2,027 $27,448,177  

Where is Let's Be Cops on the top 10 list

4 Let's Be Cops $10,500,000 -41% 3,140 46 $3,344 $44,746,168  

see my post earlier, they added in the end 2 titles later.

I did wait for a time, but seemingly not long enough, hence my post in the quote (at that time only 1 was added)

• Like 1

It is an interesting chart.  Spidey was just a juggernaut, even without adjusting for inflation.  IM had some tremendous holds, while MoS's opening was amazing and then it indeed fell off a cliff.  I didn't think GotG had any hope of catching MoS's domestic take but now its looking doable.  That IM's domestic is even possible is pretty amazing.

Bloody awful for the openers. The next 2-3 weekends look even worse. I don't see any breakouts until 'Maze Runner'. Maybe 'Dolphin Tale 2' will do decent? Also, what's with "Atlas Shrugged III"? The first two completely bombed. Were they strong DVD sellers or what?

• Like 1

Bloody awful for the openers. The next 2-3 weekends look even worse. I don't see any breakouts until 'Maze Runner'. Maybe 'Dolphin Tale 2' will do decent? Also, what's with "Atlas Shrugged III"? The first two completely bombed. Were they strong DVD sellers or what?

Nope. The producers are just desperate.

• Like 2

Post-Labor Day weekend, oh god...I can already see the derailments in that thread.
  • Like 2

Sin City 2.6? 

:unsure:

Trash deserves to make bad numbers. And if I already hated the first, I can only imagine how bad this one is. 

It is not like the first Sin City was that beloved. It had a 2.5x multiplier in 2005. That is nothing special at all. 

• Like 2

So Guardians should be the only summer 2014 film to hit $300 million, as well as the first 2014 films to sell over 30 million (estimated of course) tickets. Right now CA2 and Lego are pretty close but based on what we know of their 3D shares I have them coming just under it.

BOM put up new "vs" with Guardians against, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Man of Steel. Interesting chart.  Guardians has been running even with or better than Iron Man since the first Monday.  Spidey is no contest of course. Still pretty far behind MoS, but Mos had bad drops and stalled out eventually.

What's also pretty amazing is that even GOTG won't come anywhere near Iron Man's ticket sales. That just shows how far ahead in popularity RDJ is compared to the rest of the Avengers cast.