eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

If GOTG hits 17m this weekend then it should be on around 257m coming up to labour weekend. Last year most films saw à 20% increase over the 4 day weekend. If guardians just stays flat it will be on 275m. It would have to suffer some big drops to miss 300m after that point.

• Like 11

8). The Expendables 3 (LGF), 3,221 theaters (0) / $1.8M to $2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.6M to $5.9M (-66%) / Total cume: $26M to $27M / Wk 2

LOL

6). Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (TWC), 2,894 theaters / $2.6M Fri. / $6M to $7M / Wk 1

Double LOL

• Like 2

That number for Sin City 2 is laughable. The movie looked horrible though so I can't say I'm surprised.

Those are some awesomely hefty increases for GOTG and TMNT. Though, because it is Deadline I'm less inclined to believe them. Probably end up a few $100K's short.

That number for Sin City 2 is laughable. The movie looked horrible though so I can't say I'm surprised.

Those are some awesomely hefty increases for GOTG and TMNT. Though, because it is Deadline I'm less inclined to believe them. Probably end up a few $100K's short.

Depending on title, they have some numbers higher ($100k to a bit more) than other sources

Still way too early for anything too final judgment anyway...

• Like 1

I don't know man. A lot worse looking movies are making a lot more money atm. :ph34r:

Maybe the don't want to pay 10M more to get if from 295 to 300..

Fairly certain there's a major bump in pay TV rights for every domestic milestone (100, 200, 300, etc). If it's close then they'll get it there. Disney has its ways.

Lol at Sin City 2. That's what happens when you make a sequel that nobody asked for. 

Actually people asked for the sequel 6 years ago.

I might see Sin City but I knew this was going to flop but not this bad. Oh well one Comic book movie this summer was going to flop and it was either going to be Turtles or this.

Edited by SuperRocket
  • Like 1

Fairly certain there's a major bump in pay TV rights for every domestic milestone (100, 200, 300, etc). If it's close then they'll get it there. Disney has its ways.

Yeah, a studio will usually push a movie over a certain milestone if it is just a few million away.