TalismanRing

Weekend Numbers (IDEN $1.91m/ GOTG: $10.16m; #s pg 1 & 10)

My god, I just assumed the Sunday number would go down since more Christians would prefer to attend an evening Mass than go see a movie. Because, you know, my family goes to the evening Mass every Sunday.  :rolleyes:

And not all Christians go to mass either.
  • Like 1

Actually, when you put it like that, it doesn't seem so bad.

It's pretty bad when you go past the top 10 and look at total B.O. and these aren't adjusted for inflation #s.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice

If estimates hold, at $64M, this weekend's cume for all films in release will be the lowest total in over a decade.

I find it annoying when there is judgementalism on either side, both take these types of jabs at each other and it's silly.

According to M-W dictionary, JUDGEMENTALISM ISN'T EVEN A WORD!!!!  Just kidding.  And I agree with you.  BTW, my post wasn't meant to be a jab, just a clarification.  I'm finding more and more that people have rather...misinformed...perceptions about Christians.  It's a far cry from the way things were when I was growing up, so I'm all for explaining things.  No harm, no foul.

Oh, and the numbers look rather decent all things considered.

• Like 4

My god, I just assumed the Sunday number would go down since more Christians would prefer to attend an evening Mass than go see a movie.

Because, you know, my family goes to the evening Mass every Sunday.  :rolleyes:

Hey, I didn't mean any offense by my response.  I thought I was being rather lighthearted actually.  Friends?  :huglove:

Oh, and the numbers look pretty good all things considered.

I have read the book. You have no idea what is coming ;) That is far from the ending.

So much in store. The trailers are teasing it so well, I think a lot of people will be surprised. I also do think that the Sept 19 weekend will be the end to these dog days :)
  • Like 1

That's a pretty big Sunday drop for Guardians and a few other movies, maybe actuals could in higher.

People watching NFL.  Anyways there are no good movies coming up for few weeks, so they will have good legs still November.

• Like 1

Nobody predicted those numbers for Maleficent, TASM2, TMNT, and those Dragon 2 and Guardians numbers would have been laughed at.And by nobody I really do mean nobody. Even the most pessimistic tasm2 predicts during early April were around 230m and everybody had dragon over the first.

Naah, there definitely were sub-200M predicts for TASM2. But that was more wishful thinking on some haters' parts. Dragon OTOH though. :(

Edited by Spidey Freak