Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

8 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

They had The BOURNE IDENTITY on NBC last night and around the last 10 minutes of the movie, they showed a clip from the movie and boy, has Bourne aged in this movie or what??? I think the only reason this was made is because LEGACY wasn't all that well received, especially having the name Bourne in the title with no Bourne in the movie.. The BOURNE ULTIMATUM pretty much put closure on the character, even if there are countless novels from Robert Ludlum..

Well yes, it's been 9 years since Ultimatum, Damon ain't getting any younger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Link? Not doubting you because the movie is probably mediocre.

Too much of an effort to on my phone, but you can probably find them by searching "saw Jason Bourne" or "seen Jason Bourne" 

Edited by tribefan695

Er, there's only one trailer :lol: 

Sorry, by trailers I meant all of the marketing, the official trailer and the numerous TV spots, etc, which I find effective. Where I am in Canada, before Star Trek Beyond, there was a video of Matt Damon talking direct to audience about how Bourne is back.

Peace,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Blanks McCoy said:

If we're talking Twitter reaction, Letterboxd already has a couple reviews up for those that starving for some reactions

Are these scores out of 4?

Either way, I expect a movie that has really solid action and setpieces and a weak story. High 60s low 70s on RT. Some of the spoilers I read (not from these reviews) are pretty...hm...

Also, new avatar.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Are these scores out of 4?

Either way, I expect a movie that has really solid action and setpieces and a weak story. High 60s low 70s on RT. Some of the spoilers I read (not from these reviews) are pretty...hm...

Also, new avatar.

Nope, out of five. Looking forward to some Greengrass action regardless.

Sounds like the consensus is going to be good acting/action but weak story.  Likely going to be the worst reviewed Damon Bourne in the high 70's or so.  

Thought it would go $200m+ originally, but thinking it opens closer to $55m and does $170m overall.  

7 hours ago, Noctis said:

Matt Damon's a good actor, but I've NEVER found him the slightest bit attractive even when he was young. It's always perplexing to me when someone finds him beautiful. It makes zero sense, lol.

Wow, really? That is so weird. I think he is among the best looking actors in Hollywood.:lol:

I found him hot as Jason Bourne and in We Bought a Zoo.  He was also cute in that movie he made with Heath Ledger. The title escapes me right now.

Anyway, if this movie sucks...

I'll just wait until I see it. I had my doubts (story-wise) initially but still hoping it's enjoyable.

• Like 1