Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Nice to see a film bring E out of seclusion.

Why thank you numbers.

LOL I've been busy. Whole house renovation sort of.  Repair work mostly. Keeping me busy. Plus it's good to get a break from online every now and then.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

LOL It was obvious from the onset that the story had nowhere to go.  What made the series thrilling was the fact he didn't know who he was.  The mystery made the story.  The audience was on that journey with him.  For instance when he got off the ship and was sleeping in the park and the cops approached him. That look on his face of utter surprise when he instinctively caught the Cop's baton when he raised it at him.  He along with the audience realized that he was a badass.

Once he found out who he was the series was done, imo. 

Sigh. I'm gonna still watch it though. Hopefully I won't hate it.

Yup, the amnesia angle made his spy skills a superpower. It worked well as wish fulfillment. Plus he was easy to root for since he no longer had the mind of an assassin and just wanted to do the right thing.

Now he's just another rogue spy.

• Like 2

The trilogy is probably my favorite action movie series and Ultimatum is definitely my favorite action movie ever. I should be watching it this weekend with my father, as I think this is a nice father & son movie, and I just need it to be better than Legacy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yup, the amnesia angle made his spy skills a superpower. It worked well as wish fulfillment. Plus he was easy to root for since he no longer had the mind of an assassin and just wanted to do the right thing.

Now he's just another rogue spy.

Yep. You could put yourself in his place. What a predicament to be in. Somebody is after you and wants you dead but you have no idea why and what for yet you had to keep yourself out of danger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Star Trek is more B- and Tarzan is more B+

Goddammit Ethan the adults are talking.*

I may have to rescind this one once I see both films, sometime, later this year.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

The trilogy is probably my favorite action movie series and Ultimatum is definitely my favorite action movie ever. I should be watching it this weekend with my father, as I think this is a nice father & son movie, and I just need it to be better than Legacy.

I'll be watching it with my father as well. totally agree about Ultimatum. a little worried about this one, but we'll see.

• Like 2

I thought this would get raves, but with the muted marketing and mixed reviews, this will struggle. 

Oh well. What a horrible year for sequels of old/long running movie franchises. They either were critical flops or box-office flops or both. Nothing knocked it out of the park.