RaidensSword

Doesn't anyone miss Matthew McConaughey's romcoms?

I know he's currently on a roll with these critically acclaimed movies like Dallas Buyers Club and serious dramas like True Detective. I know he won a Oscar by taking this route but I can't be the only one that enjoyed his light hearted roles? In fact a lot of his rom coms were quite successful. He said he quit doing rom coms and action type roles so he'd be considered to do the other dramatic roles and now hes proven he can do them and be taken seriously, I want him to start mixing it up and doing both types of films again.Anyone else want some more fun movies from McConaughey?

Failure to Launch was..not decent..but it didn't make me wanna puke my guts out  :lol:

and mainly for Justin Bartha and Zoey Deschanel 

Zooey Deschanel was pretty much the sole saving grace of that movie. They should've made the film about her sarcastic and bitter character instead of McConaughey and Parker's self-absorbed and unlikable duo.

I've never seen Failure to Launch so I was not prepared for this read:

http://thedissolve.com/features/forgotbusters/727-in-2006-failure-to-launch-doubled-as-a-mirror-for-/

That whole plot description is just fucked up. Couldn't believe what I was reading. 

That's Failure to Launch in a nutshell. At one point later in the movie McConaughy asks dad Terry Bradshaw why he and mom Kathy Bates didn't ask him to move out in the first place. The only logical answer would've been if Bradshaw said, "Because then there would've been no movie."

• Like 1

No. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was the only one of his romcoms that was even remotely decent. The others (The Wedding Planner, Failure to Launch, Fool's Gold, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) were mediocre at best.

I didn't mind the Wedding Planner? Average and Watchable.

That's Failure to Launch in a nutshell. At one point later in the movie McConaughy asks dad Terry Bradshaw why he and mom Kathy Bates didn't ask him to move out in the first place. The only logical answer would've been if Bradshaw said, "Because then there would've been no movie."

But it does actually happen irl. I mean a lot of parents love their kids and want them to move out, be successful etc, but if that doesn't happen naturally they dont want to say directly "time for you to go". But yeah the movie does take it too extremes.

No. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was the only one of his romcoms that was even remotely decent. The others (The Wedding Planner, Failure to Launch, Fool's Gold, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) were mediocre at best.

I thought Ghosts was fun, I loved Michael Douglas as the mentor and sleazy ghost. I agree about How to lose a guy being the best of the bunch though. Edited by RaidensSword