Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

15 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

So... What's all the hype behind this movie about? I keep seeing it mentioned on this board and I know nothing about it

It's the first original musical since Newsies, directed by Damien Chazelle (Whiplash, a pretty damn good movie) and starring Queen Stone and King Gosling, which also promises to be a glorious throwback to old Hollywood and classic musicals. Need I say more?

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's the first original musical since Newsies, directed by Damien Chazelle (Whiplash, a pretty damn good movie) and starring Queen Stone and King Gosling, which also promises to be a glorious throwback to old Hollywood and classic musicals. Need I say more?

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

41 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

c6da8a3317d9a2924472957cae72acd46ca4f33e

i dunno dancer in the dark, tenacious d in the pick of destiny, god help the girl, i feel like there's been a bunch. also the disney movies even though they're based on stuff they'd fit most people's description of what an original musical is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I was talking more live-action and theatrical, so I excluded the Disney movies and High School Musical, but I did forget about Moulin Rouge (Although it is a stretch for me since it's a jukebox musical) and I have no idea what Coolio's movies are.

Original songs were written for Moulin Rouge so it qualifies as original. Idlewild as well.