Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

what does 'start in platform on December 2' mean?

Does that mean limited release?

I think it means you test the waters in a limited release, then you add more screens each week end if the movie is successful and audiences are responding positively to the film.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Got the trailer at Cafe Society and it was almost the highlight of my showing. It looks utterly spectacular. Do we know who's writing the songs for it?

Justin Hurwitz is I believe

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

I think people are over predicting this tbh. It will make like 50-60 million tops.  Looking forward to the songs though. Justin Hurwitz wrote Dear Evan Hansen a musical I saw in New York which was amazing. Him and Lin will be probably be competing for best song lol. Unless they give it to that annoying Justin Timberlake song. 

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Justin Hurwitz is I believe

I think he composed and Pasek & Paul wrote the lyrics. That's true for City of Stars at least, not sure about other songs that haven't been released yet.

19 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Justin Hurwitz wrote Dear Evan Hansen a musical I saw in New York which was amazing. 

Didn't Pasek & Paul write Dear Evan Hansen? Hurwitz wrote the music for Chazelle's last two movies.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I think he composed and Pasek & Paul wrote the lyrics. That's true for City of Stars at least, not sure about other songs that haven't been released yet.

Didn't Pasek & Paul write Dear Evan Hansen? Hurwitz wrote the music for Chazelle's last two movies.

Oops haha yeah. Pasek and Paul wrote the lyrics and Hurwitz wrote the music in La La Land. Mixed them up a little. Still excited. I love musicals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ban1o said:

I think people are over predicting this tbh. It will make like 50-60 million tops.  Looking forward to the songs though. Justin Hurwitz wrote Dear Evan Hansen a musical I saw in New York which was amazing. Him and Lin will be probably be competing for best song lol. Unless they give it to that annoying Justin Timberlake song. 

The high predicts assume lightning strikes perfectly. Strong buzz at festivals, big marketing push, get it out for the Holidays, lots of Globe/Oscar love, and more.

If this wins the TIFF People's Choice Award, we could be in business.

Yeah, if lightning strikes and everything works out this is going places. Obviously if praise is more reserved then the grosses will be more modest. Have to wait until the first reviews come in before really gauging its box office potential.

• Like 1