Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

6 minutes ago, ban1o said:

But how? Has there been screeners? This isn't the type of movie that usually wins. It seems people are just enchanted by the trailers. 

Yeah, and it's been said that it won't be in contention for the win. If Billy Lynn or Silence disappoints it becomes in contention IMO.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, filmlover said:

I have no feelings towards him either way (he's just made some movies that I liked a lot). What does that say about me?

You haven't searched your feelings deep enough. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, and it's been said that it won't be in contention for the win. If Billy Lynn or Silence disappoints it becomes in contention IMO.

Yeah I actually remember someone posting about a screener awhile ago and tweet reactions about it on Imdb and they said maybe Emma will get a nomination and the globes will love it but it probably won't be a major Oscar contender. 

Edited by ban1o

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Yeah I actually remember someone on info posting about a screener awhile ago and tweet reactions on Imdb and they said maybe Emma will get a nomination and the globes will love it but it probably won't be a major Oscar contender. 

The field is really weak this year so I don't see how it misses a nomination. If Live by Night doesn't release we'll be down to six nominees IMO (Arrival, Billy Lynn, Fences, La La Land, Manchester, Silence). People are still clutching to Loving but it's simply not a movie the Academy will go for, just ask Weinstein how Carol did. 

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The field is really weak this year so I don't see how it misses a nomination. If Live by Night doesn't release we'll be down to six nominees IMO (Arrival, Billy Lynn, Fences, La La Land, Manchester, Silence). People are still clutching to Loving but it's simply not a movie the Academy will go for, just ask Weinstein how Carol did. 

Bleed for This, Arrival, and Allied could be potential nominees too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The subject matter of Loving seems like something the Academy would like. I've heard some people didn't like Jeff Nichols overly subtle approach though. 

I'm not saying this definitely won't  get nominated but I'm surprised by declarations it's a front runner to win. The tweet reactions I remember didn't seem to indicate that at all. 

Edited by ban1o

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

The subject matter of Loving seems like something the Academy would like. I've heard some people didn't like Jeff Nichols overly subtle approach though. 

I'm not saying this definitely won't  nominated but I'm surprised by declarations it's a front runner to win. The tweet reactions I remember didn't seem to indicate that at all. 

I think people thought Birth of a Nation might win, and I doubt it is in the running any more.

I like Emma Stone.  I didn't like this trailer as much as the first one, but I like it.  It may be time for me to stop watching trailers, to avoid spoilers, since I know I am going to see it, in any event.

8 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Bleed for This, Arrival, and Allied could be potential nominees too.

I'm waiting and seeing on Allied.

6 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I'm not saying this definitely won't  get nominated but I'm surprised by declarations it's a front runner to win. The tweet reactions I remember didn't seem to indicate that at all. 

And that's why I don't see the Academy nominating it for BP.

7 hours ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

All I'm going to say is lol...

LOL if this doesn't win best cinematography

LOL if this doesn't win best art design

LOL if this doesn't win best song

FUCKERS I AM WATCHING YOU ALL 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichWS said:

Until Silence has a date, I'm not putting it on any contention list. 

It's definitely coming out this year. Scorsese himself confirmed it and he's probably the reason they haven't dated it yet (since they're probably allowing to take his time after Wolf of Wall Street barely made it to 2013).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's definitely coming out this year. Scorsese himself confirmed it and he's probably the reason they haven't dated it yet (since they're probably allowing to take his time after Wolf of Wall Street barely made it to 2013).

When it's dated, it's dated.