CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

I'm thinking $22M for Dracula 3-day weekend. Not too shabby but ultimately around what I expected. Happy for Gone Girl! Deserves all the success it gets. I loved GG! Maze Runner and Equalizer should both cross $100m dom which is awesome. I think I was in the minority that liked Annabelle so I hope it can have some decent legs. $100m isn't out of the question yet if it can muster $16.25m this weekend.

• Like 1

BOM is Gone, Girl, so I guess This is Where I Leave You. Hopefully, IMDB chooses to Equalize its content we are so Addicted to, or else we'll have to Judge numbers with Boxtrolls every weekend. The Dolphin Tale remains Untold though, and although this is a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, at least we aren't left as Runners, but as Guardians of IMDB's first No Good Deed. Only Annabelle, baumer's ex-wife, will be Left Behind. 

DAMN blanks this is gold. 

• Like 3

He is not openly gay, I think. 

And really? She told you to say that? :lol:

Yes, according to her it's the start of the gay revolution in Hollywood. Please check her Twitter for more details. ;)

I agree with her, about Downey. All that Marvel shit is not his draw, and he had Galifanakis at the peak of his flash in the pan popularity for Due Date.

• Like 1

Yes, according to her it's the start of the gay revolution in Hollywood. Please check her Twitter for more details. ;)

I agree with her, about Downey. All that Marvel shit is not his draw, and he had Galifanakis at the peak of his flash in the pan popularity for Due Date.

I just checked her twitter account. It is crazy :lol:

So what was the big draw of Sherlock Holmes then? Jude Law  ;):P ?

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Fishnets is blowing smoke out her ass. The Judge is an R-rated courtroom drama on the heels on a breakout adult thriller. It was always going to open lower than a highly marketed horror adventure based on a legendary character.

• Like 6

Fishnets is blowing smoke out her ass. The Judge is an R-rated courtroom drama on the heels on a breakout adult thriller. It was always going to open lower than a highly marketed horror adventure based on a legendary character.

Really? Because most here thought The Judge would open with 20M and Dracula would tank with 17-18M OW. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure predictions for The Judge softened considerably once the mediocre reviews came in.

No, they were still going strong early this week and there were already lots of shitty reviews out there.

• Like 1

Dracula guy isn't openly gay right? I thought the story was that he used to be but he backtracked and jumped right back in the closet as soon as his career started taking off.

This is what I thought as well, but maybe he is. 

EDIT: You are right, he backtracked once he started his Hollywood career.

Luke Evans Has Been Out for Years, But He’s Finally Stopped Hiding

https://time.com/3491050/luke-evans-dracula-untold-coming-out/

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

No, they were still going strong early this week and there were already lots of shitty reviews out there.

They were probably just putting their blind faith in RDJ's starpower, ignoring that being hot off of his big comeback in 2008 did nothing for The Soloist (another drama with mediocre reviews) five years ago.

• Like 1

Dracula guy isn't openly gay right? I thought the story was that he used to be but he backtracked and jumped right back in the closet as soon as his career started taking off.

I guess he brought his boyfriend to the premiere, so I think he's back out. And there's this article.

https://time.com/3491050/luke-evans-dracula-untold-coming-out/

They were probably just putting their blind faith in RDJ's starpower, ignoring that being hot off of his big comeback in 2008 did nothing for The Soloist (another drama with mediocre reviews) five years ago.

Yes, they were. Everyone mentioned RDJ as the main reason.

• Like 1

More like his PR and Studio head honchos shoved him back in the closet...since he has not 1, but 2 mega movies riding on his ass.

I love Fish...seriously, she doesn't fit in here but she's still a beauty.

• Like 6