CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

12 hours ago, Macleod said:

I think everyone's getting a little too excited about what's turning out to feel like some posturing on Cavill's side (with a little boosting from The Rock) to keep him involved for a cameo or two and see how things go. 

My bet is that there won't be another Superman movie for another 10 years or so.

And even if J.J. does direct or produce one, it won't be with Cavill.  He'll want to make his own stamp. 

I will happily come here and "eat kryptonite" if proven otherwise. 

Hence why I said "if". 

I'd like to see another Superman film soon (maybe with Cavill), but I can't see it happening before 2023 (if Aquaman 2 does move, it'll probably be because of COVID throwing a wrench into scheduling).

That said, you do make good points, so if you're right, I won't be too surprised.

Cameo will lead to intense demand. Getting the Synder cut that never existed empowers them to demand more. Henry Cavill's popularity has sky rocketed since the Witcher and of course that will continue with season 2 next year. 

If they don't release it they are insane. Safe bet it makes money.

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Cameo will lead to intense demand. Getting the Synder cut that never existed empowers them to demand more. Henry Cavill's popularity has sky rocketed since the Witcher and of course that will continue with season 2 next year. 

I’d argue that they’d have to be pretty insane to get J.J. Abrams to direct it, especially if they’re trying to go in a lighter direction. J.J. Abrams makes some pretty depressing movies. 

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

And this.

Cavill is not a thespian but he gets the job done and he does it very good as well. After the Witcher he made fans both among the nerds and gamers (9gag has named him their king) and women across all ages. For a comic book movie there is obviously a big overlap between the usual fans and the gamers etc. But also bringing in women will be very important.

On top of that, the cameos can only help him. Superman scenes directed by Sandberg seems ideal and fans have been asking for the Superman vs Black Adam fight for years. There is nowhere to go but up. Hopefully WB soon realizes than Cavill is their best option going forward as it is the choice that will make the Snyder fans, the DCEU fans and the regular fans happy.

If anything, the HBO Max boss said that the reason they decided to release the Snyder cut was because they listened to the fans. If he was serious about that then I am confident  in a new Cavill movie.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I don’t know when it will happen but I’d be shocked if we don’t get another solo Superman with cavill after the reception was so positive last week. 

I’m not ruling it out, but the J.J. Abrams report from last week is currently just a rumor. At the very least, I’d rather not have J.J. Abrams involved in another franchise. He’s not the worst director, but his flaws as a storyteller were made pretty apparent in the last decade. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not ruling it out, but the J.J. Abrams report from last week is currently just a rumor. At the very least, I’d rather not have J.J. Abrams involved in another franchise. He’s not the worst director, but his flaws as a storyteller were made pretty apparent in the last decade. 

I’m not picky, whoever they wanna use as a director is fine with me. 

• Like 1

Marvel is good at that they pick directors who are solid but on top of that they usually don't have a bad cred with those who pay attention to directors. Such as critics and movie buffs. OTOH, Abrams pissed off both groups with TROS so it's like getting Snyder 2.0 in terms of pre-conceived mistrust. 

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

I’m not picky, whoever they wanna use as a director is fine with me. 

What about writers?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Terrio come back, though I can't say the same for Goyer (and for God's sake, keep Ehren Kruger as far away from this as possible).

32 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

What about writers?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Terrio come back, though I can't say the same for Goyer (and for God's sake, keep Ehren Kruger as far away from this as possible).

I’m not picky with regards to anything.

I’m much easier  to please then most people on here or on social media. This isn’t a shot at anyone as I respect everyone’s opinions on things, I just want to see a new Superman movie sooner rather then later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

What about writers?

Terrio already botched Superman once, do we really wanna hand him another chance?

On 6/1/2020 at 12:18 PM, WittyUsername said:

This is a bit of a random question, but would people have been okay with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor if he played the character more like how he did in that Turkish Airlines ad? 

Not unless the charecter had been totally rewritten.

IMHO SNyder and the screenwriters were alot more to blame for the atrocity that was Lex Luthor in BvS then Eisenberg. Eisengerg was just doing what Snyder told him to do.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:05 PM, grim22 said:

TV vs Film. I literally mentioned that in my comment. I would give him a TV show where he can take his time exploring nonsense that he wants to, in a movie you need focus which his movie scripts don't deliver as much. The Hunt being the most recent example.

Get his idea, hand it to someone who can strip it to it's bare bones and build from there.

Lindelof is a divisive writer.no doubt.

IMHO is can come up with some brillitant ideas, but he definently often has "Act 3" problems.

I don't think he is God and do now  wrong, like some o fhis fanboys here.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:39 PM, 35MM-18 said:

Not sure how a corpse could write a Superman film, but having the guy who wrote The Princess Bride and All the President's Men do a Superman film  has my full support.

Let's not forget "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" one of the best Westerns every made.

I can't think of a screenwriter who wrote first rate films in as many genres as Goldman did.

• Like 1