Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

waiting til after the numbers come out take away the point of prediction and debate. mite as well close down the thread

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shut down the debate.

Just trying to advise we operate on the side of caution.

Mad Max? PP2 could break out too.

No doubt but overseas overeall they are are small threat compared to what they will do more domestically. 

Its not IM3 facing a big movie like fast 6. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I honestly don't know what's Mad Max.

before your time I assume. From the 80's. an Aussie production sequeled by HW starring Mel Gibson. I assume its a remake that will have sequels and prequels and a reboot followed by a collective, teaming up with john connor and Rambo :P

can I get some kind of recap on why people are suddenly pessimistic about this films international box office now? 

Some of it is due to its legs (of one day post weekend) aren't performing well. No joke.

we're witnessing the peak in the super hero genre. its all downhill from here and will eventually go the way of the western

LOL Far to early to say that the Supehero genre has produced hit after hit mostly in the last 7 years and TA 2 will be another huge hit so no end in sight for the SH genre continued domination of the box office in the near future IMO. 

• Like 2

Last weekend, the sequel opened in 55 percent of the foreign marketplace, grossing a dazzling $201 million and coming in 44 percent ahead of the first film. Through Monday, the movie's foreign total was $219 million.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-will-avengers-792075