Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Aaaaahh, I honestly can't predict.

Like I said, I'm not very good at predicting foreign box office.

I think AOU should finish between $900M and $1.1bn OS.

Take a shot, its just for fun and I meant for everyone in the thread to throw some numbers out there. Ill put them in a table

After I have saw the movie, I think Age of Ultron is great entertainment: high level for visual, audio and acting (or computer job...) and good balance between action, humor and drama. It's a movie good for almost all kind of audience and for this it's more a popcorn movie than an epic movie; so, it isn't a step ahead from The Avengers and instead it's a step behind from The Winter Soldier, that imho is the best thing of MCU.

• Like 3

OS-C China OS Dom WW        
No Prisoners 725.0 250.0 975.0 500.0 1475.0        
Keysersoze 750.0 300.0 1050.0 500.0 1550.0        
Infernus 800.0 285.0 1085.0 565.0 1650.0        
Deathlife     1010.0 525.0 1535.0        
???     0.0   0.0        

I think everyone agrees that China will do 200 something possibly 300 and who knows with new releases and showtime control exactly how it will turn out. It may be China that takes it over a billion regardless of OS's hold or it will be up to OS if China is at the low end of expectations. Dom disappointing then puts losing to FF7 at risk if OS and or China don't perform well.

The 3 key categories in play here are the hotly debated

OS -C, since there is so much discussion about it being frontloaded. Will it surpass TA1s 809M? Will it fall short of FF7s 750m est?

Total OS,  1B is a lock for some and their question is will it beat FF7s OS, but china may not pull into the high 200s and legs could be short, Does it fail 1B?

WW, The extremes: Bad WOM and bad legs hurt OS and DOM plus China does so so. FF7 wins WW. Or WOM is good the naysayers are wrong, legs are fine, DOM bests TA1s, plus whatever china does and it goes into the upper 1B level.

In 2012, TA without China made $800M. 

I expect a rise between $50M and $75M from those markets for AOU, taking into account exchange rate, inflation and market expansions.  Plus Marvel sequels tend to increase as a whole on the foreign front even without China.  I don't see AOU being the first one to stay flat.

TA made around $90M in China three years ago, i expect a rise between $150M and $200M from that market for AOU. 

I expect it to at least double IM3's $122M, two years after it, regardless of competition and bad release date.

So ultimately i expect a foreign increase of $200 to $275M on the foreign front from the $895M of TA....so roughly ending betwen $1.1B and 1.15B international revennues.

If domestically, it open north of $220M, i don't see it missing $550M.

So to me the floor is $550M domesticaly and $1.1B foreign Wise, meaning, $1.65B ww.

• Like 6

In 2012, TA without China made $800M. 

I expect a rise between $50M and $75M from those markets for AOU, taking into account exchange rate, inflation and market expansions.  Plus Marvel sequels tend to increase as a whole on the foreign front even without China.  I don't see AOU being the first one to stay flat.

TA made around $90M in China three years ago, i expect a rise between $150M and $200M from that market for AOU. 

I expect it to at least double IM3's $122M, two years after it, regardless of competition and bad release date.

So ultimately i expect a foreign increase of $200 to $275M on the foreign front from the $895M of TA....so roughly ending betwen $1.1B and 1.15B international revennues.

If domestically, it open north of $220M, i don't see it missing $550M.

So to me the floor is $550M domesticaly and $1.1B foreign Wise, meaning, $1.65B ww.

Great analysis but you lost me when you said 550m was the floor domestically.