Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Furious 7 opened during Easter in several markets which is a two day holiday in some of them (friday and monday) hence it's massive numbers.

If AOU actually beats that in some of those markets without the benefit of public holidays, then that's pretty darn impressive.

That's a positive way to look at it. However after such massive openings FF7 has held well in most markets while AOU is unlikely to do so.

Higher?

Mexico

Spain

Malaysia

Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile

Smaller countries as well.

If not higher maybe 180M.

There may be a holiday Friday but its a 3 day weekend vs 4-5 day OW and OD hype. Gotto believe 60% drop for current markets. 80m plus new markets, less than 150m.

I'm with the usual suspect

If bad WOM is the case it will spread to US by Thur. Not only does it fall short of 1B OS but also 500m DOM and then maybe falls short of FF7 WW :ph34r:

That's a positive way to look at it. However after such massive openings FF7 has held well in most markets while AOU is unlikely to do so.

Why?

There isn't much competition coming any up any time soon and reviews aren't exactly bad.

Or is it the norm for big releases to collapse weeks after release? (I don't follow international box office very much, so I geniunely do not know).

Why?

There isn't much competition coming any up any time soon and reviews aren't exactly bad.

Or is it the norm for big releases to collapse weeks after release? (I don't follow international box office very much, so I geniunely do not know).

The drops from Sun to Mon in major markets like SK and Italy aren't that encouraging.

To be honest after watching it I actually thought the WOM was going to be good because I enjoyed it very much.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Higher?

Mexico

Spain

Malaysia

Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile

Smaller countries as well.

If not higher maybe 180M.

MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS
Mexico - 17,5
Spain - 7,0
Malaysia - 3,3
Venezuela- 1,6
Chile- 1,7
Ecuador -1,3
Peru - 2,2
Others ~ 3,5
A2 ~ 55m new market

Some people are overreacting, this is doing humungous numbers and its coming from the perfect storm that was The Avengers and a marketplace where 3D was at his peak. Add the poor exchange rates in most major markets...i think its performing as expected. Maybe the anomaly called Furious 7 has overshadowed this near record breaking film...

• Like 7

Some people are overreacting, this is doing humungous numbers and its coming from the perfect storm that was The Avengers and a marketplace where 3D was at his peak. Add the poor exchange rates in most major markets...i think its performing as expected. Maybe the anomaly called Furious 7 has overshadowed this near record breaking film...

it is doing great. its overcoming XR and 3D to beat its previous OS, an amazing feat. Its just not going to do F7 OS which came out of nowhere,

TA2 opend to 88k here in Denmark wich is on par with the first but still became the highest SH OW in history with 10 mill in lc..

Other sources says 95k and 10,6 mill lc..

Our first IMAX screen opend this weekend with TA2 being the first movie ever and that 1 screen accounted for 11% of the total OW...

Yes. 1 screen

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 5

The drops from Sun to Mon in some big markets like SK and UK aren't that encouraging.

To be honest after watching it I actually thought the WOM was going to be good because I enjoyed it very much.

We didn't even get a number for UK Monday?

Furious 7 opened during Easter in several markets which is a two day holiday in some of them (friday and monday) hence it's massive numbers.

If AOU actually beats that in some of those markets without the benefit of public holidays, then that's pretty darn impressive.

VS

Opening weekend was 4-5 days in many markets. If its as frontloaded as I think it could be then only 450-500m(2.5X) for current markets. It may need to 250-300m in China to get to 1B.