Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

I think that's a good number. You have to keep in mind it's only playing in 55% of overseas markets. TA1 made $207m for the weekend in North America and $18.9m on Monday. TA2 overseas just made $200m for the weekend and $18m on Monday. Seems pretty good to me.

Thought The Avengers did 30M+ on its first Monday.

Edit: You meant DOM.

Edited by Neo

I think that's a good number. You have to keep in mind it's only playing in 55% of overseas markets. TA1 made $207m for the weekend in North America and $18.9m on Monday. TA2 overseas just made $200m for the weekend and $18m on Monday. Seems pretty good to me.

$18 million in one day on a Monday is good just the way he put it seemed not so good lol!

So if TA made $30mil on it's first Monday OS and this made $18mil that is not good right?

They didn't open in the same number of markets.

I think a good comparison is markets vs same markets

• Like 1

$18 million on Monday is that a good number?

On par with DHII's 2nd Monday and 17M under TA.

So if TA made $30mil on it's first Monday OS and this made $18mil that is not good right?

It is very low compared to Avengers first OS Monday but that was April 30, 2012, i.e. the day before May Day, which is a public holiday in many countries. Therefore expect Age of Ultron to make similar numbers (30M+) on Thursday (the eve of May Day) hopefully, before a monster weekend.

EDIT: In fact, Avengers made ~$20M on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 (a non-holiday during its first OS week) which is on par with Age of Ultron's $19M Monday. Nothing to worry about.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

By the numbers

First, In general OS weekdays are proportionately larger than DOM Neo

TA1 OS OW 185m.

Wed 20m.

Wed is typically 25% lower than Mon

Monday mite have been 26.5m w/o an evening bump do to a holiday in some markets the next day

=14% of the weekend

TA2s Monday = 9%

The number is not very good

Decent Monday number.

Obviously it won't match Avenger's number, becuase Avengers was a 'breakout' so there was a significant business spillover on Monday.... plus of course the following day was a holiday.

Edited by Fake

By the numbers

TA1 OS OW 185m.

Wed 20m.

Monday mite have been 26.5m w/o an evening bump do to a holiday in some markets the next day

=14% of the weekend

TA2s Monday = 9%

TheAlmightySosa asked a question and I answered it. So no need tell me this.

By the numbers

TA1 OS OW 185m.

Wed 20m.

Monday mite have been 26.5m w/o an evening bump do to a holiday in some markets the next day

=14% of the weekend

TA2s Monday = 9%

Some markets opened on Wednesday in The Avenger's second week.... so the 20m number would include the new openers as well.

TheAlmightySosa asked a question and I answered it. So no need tell me this.

I meant to respond to redfirebird.

Wasn't TA open in more markets in its first Monday?

That would probably account for its Monday being higher than AOU.

TA was close in markets. 39 of 64 territories. Russia Japan China not included. TA2 Had Mexico Japan China not included as its 3 biggest.

BOM said 70% of potential screens were in use for TA1.

The ratio of weekend to Monday is what were looking at, but its not clear with amount of 4 and 5 day openers of the two and the Mondays are hard to directly compare.

At this point we can stop bickering and just throw out your number, see who is closer in the end while rooting for your outcome along the way.

I say 725m OS + China That would be a 10% bump in admissions but a 10% drop in dollars

China is a wild card. Gun to my head? I say 250m Ch for 985 OSC

place your predictions before midnight Thursday EDT. 3 categories

OS -C 725m

OS 975m

WW 1475m Loses by a hair to FF7

TA was close in markets. 39 of 64 territories. Russia Japan China not included. TA2 Had Mexico Japan China not included as its 3 biggest.

BOM said 70% of potential screens were in use for TA1.

The ratio of weekend to Monday is what were looking at, but its not clear with amount of 4 and 5 day openers of the two and the Mondays are hard to directly compare.

At this point we can stop bickering and just throw out your number, see who is closer in the end while rooting for your outcome along the way.

I say 725m OS + China That would be a 10% bump in admissions but a 10% drop in dollars

China is a wild card. Gun to my head? I say 250m Ch for 985 OSC

place your predictions before midnight Thursday EDT. 3 categories

OS -C 725m

OS 975m

WW 1475m Loses by a hair to FF7

Aaaaahh, I honestly can't predict.

Like I said, I'm not very good at predicting foreign box office.

I think AOU should finish between $900M and $1.1bn OS.