druv10

Tuesday Actuals: Nolan - 6.9M, BH6 - 10.5M

Still great for BH6. Meh for IS.

Well, I agree with your great assessment for BH6 but saying IS was MEH is also wrong.  Last time RD fell on a Tuesday, The Changeling increased 42%.  Madagascar 2 was in IMAX at the time which also explains why it didn't get a bump as big as BH6.  When you are playing in IMAX, there is no Tuesday discount and the audience for IMAX is much more consistent and linear.  So when you compare IS's jump of 35% with Changeling's 42%, they are actually pretty much in line with one another if you take out the IMAX non bump.  

I'm not cheerleeding IS, I didn't like it all that much.  I just think you have to tell the whole tale of the tape, not just part of it.

• Like 14

Well, it's better than Gravity's first Tuesday. That made 6.6M and it's Monday was bigger than Interstellar's.

Gravity didn't have RD to pad it's numbers.

Well, I agree with your great assessment for BH6 but saying IS was MEH is also wrong.  Last time RD fell on a Tuesday, The Changeling increased 42%.  Madagascar 2 was in IMAX at the time which also explains why it didn't get a bump as big as BH6.  When you are playing in IMAX, there is no Tuesday discount and the audience for IMAX is much more consistent and linear.  So when you compare IS's jump of 35% with Changeling's 42%, they are actually pretty much in line with one another if you take out the IMAX non bump.  

I'm not cheerleeding IS, I didn't like it all that much.  I just think you have to tell the whole tale of the tape, not just part of it.

Ah yes IMAX, thats a huge nullifying factor for Tues increases.

• Like 2

Interstellar is not collapsing...that's good news. The banchmark imo is 150 DOM and 350 OS for 500 WW. That would be decent, all things considered.

200m seems locked for BH6 unless Penguins destroy it. 250m could very well happen.

Edited by picores

so Interstellar does have a chance of getting 30m, this weekend, that would be good all things considered.

I think that could be a good number to shoot for

4.8 Weds

4.5 Thurs

If that happens, it will drop less than 40%.

• Like 3

Interstellar is not collapsing...that's good news. The banchmark imo is 150 DOM and 350 OS for 500 WW. That would be decent, all things considered.

200m seems locked for BH6 unless Penguins destroy it. 250m could very well happen.

Penguins looks terrible, im expecting to to make around 70m

Penguins looks terrible, im expecting to to make around 70m

Nah. It has The Madagascar brand and it's based off the popular on Nickelodeon, so kids will probably eat it up regardless. I'm predicting 150 to 160m as it's final domestic gross.

Nah. It has The Madagascar brand and it's based off the popular on Nickelodeon, so kids will probably eat it up regardless. I'm predicting 150 to 160m as it's final domestic gross.

you're over predicting it, it will likely perform similar to planes

But Madagascar has the brand name behind it and a pretty consistent box office record.

• Like 3

I've seen kids who've watched the trailer. They seem to really enjoy it.

Plus it has The Madagascar Brand to help it.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Excellent post Baumer. IMAX definitely causes less of a cheap Tuesday increase and also less of a severe drop on Wednesday. Silly comparison here but it's like the drug my dad takes to regulate his blood flow. Keeps the numbers on a more even level day to day.

• Like 1

2TFicZU.gif

Shrek is slighty bigger than Madagascar as a franchise. Puss in Boots made 148m coming from 238m of Shrek 4. Penguins should be able to make close of that. Madagascar 3 did 216m, so i have Pinguins at 130-140m. Plus 300 minimum OS

Edited by picores

Shrek is slighty bigger than Madagascar as a franchise. Puss in Boots made 148m coming from 238m of Shrek 4. Penguins should be able to make close of that. Madagascar 3 did 216m, so i have Pinguins at 130-140m. Plus 300 minimum OS

"Sherk" isn't "Slightly" but WAY bigger than "Madagascar" franchise.  But your point is right, Penguins should get close to 150 dom. 

• Like 2