Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Oh no, you mean the movie won't gross its budget for its OW?

This franchise is a gigantic profit-making machine. It could be doing half the numbers, and it would still be very profitable for Lionsgate. We can chuckle about it underperforming our expectations, but make no mistake, Lionsgate is perfectly happy with their swimming pools of cash.

Shareholders aren't too happy right now:

aIs3NVK.png

• Like 3

Oh no, you mean the movie won't gross its budget for its OW?

This franchise is a gigantic profit-making machine. It could be doing half the numbers, and it would still be very profitable for Lionsgate. We can chuckle about it underperforming our expectations, but make no mistake, Lionsgate is perfectly happy with their swimming pools of cash.

its about expectations, look what the bad outcome of matrix reloaded did to revolutions.

• Like 1

it's a lower number than expected, expect around $45 on friday to a $62 OD, then a $48 saturday and a $32 sunday for a $142 OW. It's a drop from CF but that was sort of expected, also it will fall harder so i expect around $350 finish. OS the number will be very close to CF. Part 2 will rebound but not so much domestic

• Like 1

As someone who has not read THG books and is not a major fan of this series, I can say that I really have no interest in seeing this movie....but I do have a lot of interest in seeing Mockingjay Part 2 in theaters.  So if this movie under-performs and only totals 350 domestic, feel free to blame moviegoers like me.  I was the same way with The Harry Potter series....saw Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows 2 in theaters, but never felt the buzz to see the other ones in theaters.

• Like 1

it's a lower number than expected, expect around $45 on friday to a $62 OD, then a $48 saturday and a $32 sunday for a $142 OW. It's a drop from CF but that was sort of expected, also it will fall harder so i expect around $350 finish. OS the number will be very close to CF. Part 2 will rebound but not so much domestic

Yes keep the encouragement flowing.