grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

51 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This shit has the visual look of a Final Fantasy cutscene from a 1996 Playstation, and the plot of like We Bought a Zoo or some shit. Why does almost everything coming out in 2018 look so awful? This year has more trailers that made me say NOPE than any year I can remember, and it's barely March.

There was no 1996 Playstation.

1994. :sparta:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

There was no 1996 Playstation.

1994. :sparta:

There was also no 1996 Final Fantasy.  

And this looks nothing like Playstation Final Fantasy.  Maybe PS2 Final Fantasy cutscenes but higher quality.  But, those looked cool.

Man the hate on this movie.  I’m just...not bothered by Reference: The Movie Scifi edition.  I enjoyed the yes, not so greatly written book.  But I was entertained.  And Spielberg has clearly adjusted some of the lesser story choices in the book.  And the references will work better in a movie for those that hate it cause there won’t be a page of writing explaining references, just things in the background.

That being said, I hope it’s good.  If not, we’ll, oh well.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney released The BFG literally two weeks after Finding Dory with little fanfare.

And it released from June to December... (and not Japan for december).

Could be projecting but toward the end Disney handling of those Dreamwork movies they were contractually "forced" to distribute like BFG or Light Between the Ocean, were not that impressive, or even their own ESPN division movie Queen of Katwe.

Could be creating a narrative here, but I imagine it would be easy to not put much effort in those products that cannot deliver nearly the same as your in house stuff (that can be transformed in park, sequel, games, etc...)

7 minutes ago, kowhite said:

There was also no 1996 Final Fantasy.  

And this looks nothing like Playstation Final Fantasy.  Maybe PS2 Final Fantasy cutscenes but higher quality.  But, those looked cool.

Man the hate on this movie.  I’m just...not bothered by Reference: The Movie Scifi edition.  I enjoyed the yes, not so greatly written book.  But I was entertained.  And Spielberg has clearly adjusted some of the lesser story choices in the book.  And the references will work better in a movie for those that hate it cause there won’t be a page of writing explaining references, just things in the background.

That being said, I hope it’s good.  If not, we’ll, oh well.

Well, if you count Lunar New Years and shit, and the fact FFVII came out in January 1997, it's close enough :sparta:

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Pacific Bomb, Sherlock Gnomes, Tomb Raider, God's Not Dead 16...easy you say? 

This is the most likely to succeed of that bunch.  Well, Gods Not Dead.  Nobody expects much from that garbage in the first place so why even mention it.  The last one did 21m.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Yup, this movie could test Spielberg auteur's immunity  when it comes to bad reviews.

Or the movie delivers and we are all fools by judging a book by its cover.

Tell that to Hook. Or Lost World Jurassic Park.

Personally I'm really excited for RPO. It looks like Spielberg's most excited film in ages.

30 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I’m pretty sure the law is you’re not allowed to dump a Spielberg movie, even the bombs like BFG

The funny thing is the only Spielberg film to release in a dump spot on the calendar since Jaws was Bridge of Spies. So that's pretty much true, lol.