grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

I remember how Skull Island was tracking nowhere near the 60mil it opened with. This movie could flop or it could easily be another Skull Island. People on this site all thought Skull Island was going to flop a few weeks before it opened.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I remember how Skull Island was tracking nowhere near the 60mil it opened with. This movie could flop or it could easily be another Skull Island. People on this site all thought Skull Island was going to flop a few weeks before it opened.

I remember Skull Island dropped an awesome final trailer like two weeks before opening. That's when people here started upping their predictions

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

VFX was barely a thing when most of his blockbusters were made. 

You probably mean CGI ?, VFX were a big thing in the 30s.... say with King Kong in 1933 or Wizard of Oz in 1939 and many others title filled with them, best VFX oscar started to be an every year regular award in 1938, in 1940 there was like 14 nominee.

Citizen Kane was an extremely VFX heavy movie.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wonder Woman's initial tracking was $65m OW too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

What, RP1 is going to become a legs phenomenon like Titanic? :ohmygod:

the epic love story between one of the turrible x-kids from apocalypse and that dying girl from that one movie, as creepy cgi avatar things. ladies, come on down

26 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

I don't get the gist of the VFX argument. Is it something along the lines of Old Man Spielberg doesn't know how to deal with a massive, VFX-heavy production?

I would very much doubt that he is up there as the best ever.

List of Spielberg movies with an academy award nomination for best VFX (* winner)

Close Encounters

Raiders of the Lost Ark*

ET*

Temple of Doom*

Jurassic Park*

Lost World

A.I Artificial Intelligence

War of the Worlds

Strange that Saving Private Ryan missed, it won the Bafta for best visual effect and is perceived by many to have some of the best VFX and best VFX heavy movie ever.

6 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

At least we have Silvestri.

Williams not scoring this? :gold:

This thing keep looking worse and worse.

140 freaking minutes.

Seriously, the only thing going for this is the hope Spielberg might get his blockbuster mojo back.

Edited by Goffe