grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is this having previews on Wed? How reasonable does this look % wise?

2.5 previews

8.5 true Thursday // 11 OD

10 (+18%)

13 (+30%)

9 (-31%)

= 43 4-DAY / 32 OW

It's not going to increase on Saturday (or if it does, it'll only be by a few percentage points); redistribute that gross to Friday, and it's within the realm of possibility. 

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Is this having previews on Wed? How reasonable does this look % wise?

2.5 previews

8.5 true Thursday // 11 OD

10 (+18%)

13 (+30%)

9 (-31%)

= 43 4-DAY / 32 OW

Saturday should hold near flat with Friday as Han said (more because Friday is huge). For reference, GI Joe 2 jumped 85% from true Thursday 5 years ago. You can drop that some because this may be more frontloaded, but a lot of the public isn’t really aware of the Thursday opening

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Saturday should hold near flat with Friday as Han said (more because Friday is huge). For reference, GI Joe 2 jumped 85% from true Thursday 5 years ago. You can drop that some because this may be more frontloaded, but a lot of the public isn’t really aware of the Thursday opening

This is what I'm going with right now:

8M

12M (+50%)

10.8M (-10%)

7.6M (-30%)

34.4M 3 day/42.4M 4 day

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

8M

12M (+50%)

10.8M (-10%)

7.6M (-30%)

34.4M 3 day/42.4M 4 day

If it skews younger I can definitely see that (and by young I mean college and below). If RPO does better with the older age bracket I can see that Saturday holding even which will bring up Sunday as well 

• Like 1

I'm happy to see the reviews being so good. Great level of reviews for a blockbuster, let's hope WOM is good as well.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

140m-170M, 170M even if it include China sure would be really great for a non-franchise/sequel title.

Only Japan, Poland, Germany has major market not opening this weekend too.

According to IMDB it's not opening here this weekend either. But maybe Brazil isn't considered a major market for this type of movie?

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

8M

12M (+50%)

10.8M (-10%)

7.6M (-30%)

34.4M 3 day/42.4M 4 day

I remember you say this one going to flop... 

Better go to make you numbers again,  because you still failing dow...

Go up

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's not going to increase on Saturday (or if it does, it'll only be by a few percentage points); redistribute that gross to Friday, and it's within the realm of possibility. 

1 hour ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

With Thu burning of some demand, Friday won't be as front-loaded. Friday won't have any previews either so Sat could show a bump imo.

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I hope it does at least 35 FSS. I think the wom and legs could be better we expect from the genre.

They could just as easily be worse than expected though if this has indeed only been appealing to a niche fanboy audience in the marketing. That's been the issue here all along, has marketing targeted casuals effectively?