grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

I'd argue your viewpoint, but looking at your username, that would be fruitless.

Hmm... Let's see... *checks Speakeasy link*

Lots of "movies that tricked people" lists... think I'll give it a try...

His username is referring to the driver. You know, the one in his avatar

• Like 1

I should add that I like Interstellar, it's good. Just poking fun at the Nolan hero-worship

I should really see Boyhood... I'm going through a Linklater phase atm, watched School of Rock last week (great!) and Bernie twice this week (superb film).

Have you seen the Before trilogy? Do it!

• Like 3

I should add that I like Interstellar, it's good. Just poking fun at the Nolan hero-worship

Have you seen the Before trilogy? Do it!

I want to see the Before trilogy, but it's not on Netflix and I don't have the money to buy them on blu-ray.

lol i tots forgot about godzilla , guess it didnt leave a lasting memory !

yeah 22 jump street def had more heart than one would expect plus that end credit dude!

i'll check out chef ,  i had heard of this at one point but then it disappeared off my radar aka i forgot to keep an alert on for that one !

under the skin , inherent vice on my oscar potential backlog , getting there ....

disappointed to see the imitation game so low , still its on the list  guess, my cumberbaby is awesomee :wub:

lmao i remember reading about the baby in american sniper here but had no clue what you guys were going on about thanks grimm for locating the clip

legolas is hot nuff said!

locke also on backlog pfff

no belle, divergent or transcendence  in the top 10 or top 20  :angry: for shame!!

eh i debated on whether to put edge of tomorrow on my list also realized i forgot to add xmen dofp on it 

• Like 1

first huge shocker for me GOTG all the way down to 9!!!!! WTF WTF :angry:  :angry:   :blink:

i didnt put birdman on my list , a big thing for me in picking movies for that list was the odds of me rewatching said movie , birdman i've watched it and feel no interest in rewatching it , it isnt bad just doesnt cut it for me on the rewatchable factor

yep amazing amy deserves to be in the top 10 ,no complain here

everything is indeed awesome go LEGO MOVIE your legacy will go on 

xmen:dofp made it without my contribution 

whiplash is such a creepy movie about verbal psychological abuse  <_<

budapest hotel still haven't seen it and dont feel any urgent rush to do so either 

frankly what you did with mockingjay was unneccessary and hurtful to its fans 

i wrote this thinking it had made the list :

mockingjay pt 1 YES , this movie made me change my tune on the hunger games series and read the trilogy finally at breakneck speed so 2015 wouldnt find me still reading it so yeah the movie was that good!

haven't seen boyhood yet and not in a rush to see it either Zzzzz

can't believe i stayed up reading pages to find out the top 10 list 

well this list ended on a burp pff sorry but i think i'll skip this next year , waste of my time but par for the course as such things as lists are always very subjective and my taste rarely aligned with that of the majority here so that's that for perspective !

goodnight , 2 hrs of sleep i won't get back now 
  • Like 1

Not going to post my whole list, but my top 10 was:

1. Whiplash

2. Two Days, One Night

3. Birdman

4. The Grand Budapest Hotel

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Boyhood

7. Nightcrawler

8. Wild

9. Force Majeure

10. Snowpiercer

films (and their positions on the list) that I had on my list but didn't make the final cut

5 The One I Love
8 Predestination
10 Blue Ruin
11 Force Majeure (Turist)
12 The Immigrant
13 Horns
16 Deux jours, une nuit (Two Days One Night)
17 Soshite chichi ni naru (Like Father, Like Son)
19 John Wick
21 The Skeleton Twins
22 The Theory of Everything
24 St Vincent 
25 The Babadook

full list 

1 Interstellar

2 Whiplash
3 X-Men: Days of Future Past
4 Locke
5 The One I Love
6 Gone Girl
7 The Grand Budapest Hotel
8 Predestination
9 Edge of Tomorrow
10 Blue Ruin
11 Force Majeure (Turist)
12 The Immigrant
13 Horns
14 Boydhood
15 Nightcrawler
16 Deux jours, une nuit (Two Days One Night)
17 Soshite chichi ni naru (Like Father, Like Son)
18 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
19 John Wick
20 Guardians of the Galaxy
21 The Skeleton Twins
22 The Theory of Everything
23 The Lego Movie
24 St Vincent
25 The Babadook

Edited by Goffe

Before the reveal of the top 2, here are the movies which missed the list, one more vote for any of them and they would have made the list.

Mockingjay

Pride

Snowpiercer

The Fault in Our Stars

The Tale Of Princess Kaguya

The Babadook

Calvary

Big Hero 6

The Guest

Begin Again

MJ, FIOS and BA were in my list, so BA would've made the list, MJ too. 

Thanks for the list grim, though why is it conducted so early? Perhaps a week before Oscars might be better.

Interstellar is a joke #1, but it was still something to admire. I can't believe that TDKR was #1? What a fucking awful movie. 

Before the reveal of the top 2, here are the movies which missed the list, one more vote for any of them and they would have made the list.

Mockingjay

Pride

Snowpiercer

The Fault in Our Stars

The Tale Of Princess Kaguya

The Babadook

Calvary

Big Hero 6

The Guest

Begin Again

That's f**ked up. Three of my favorite movies would have made the list had I voted. It's grim's fault. He didn't persuade me.

Congratulations to all of us for this epic troll fest. Collectively, we have the intellect and love for spectacle of first-year film students. :rofl:

Wow. That didn't sound pretentious at all. I guess James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino, who both gave it high praise, are also the equivalent of first-grade film students to you.

For the record, as wonderful as I think Interstellar is it probably wouldn't have made my Top 10, let alone Top 1.

Btw, great job with the countdown, grim. :)